Is it possible to go at least 550cc with my body type? (photos)

So I am 5'2" and 127 lbs. I really want to go to at least 550cc in silicone... The one doctor said that the biggest he would do would be 480cc ultra high profile silicone mentor implants... But to me that doesn't seem big at all. I really want at least a full dd in Victoria secret to a small ddd. When I was breast feeding I went up to a dd and I felt they still looked small. I feel like I have wider hips and I feel like I have a lot of skin or breast tissue and I do not have saggy breasts

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants / Silicone Implants / Breast Implant Revision Surgery

Thank you for your question. Before you make your final decision on size and shape of implants I would suggest that you meet again with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon again and go over your concerns and why you feel a specific implant would give you the results you desire. Your surgeon should be able to explain to you why they are recommending the size they are according to your current breast measurements including your chest width and your desired outcome. Your Surgeon should be able to advise you thoroughly on your options.

We have all our Breast Augmentation patients not only utilize our 3D imaging so they can get a real visual on what the implants will look like on them but also to actually try on the different size implants with a tight bra and t-shirt to see what they might expect. That way they have a good visual of what a 450cc implant will do as opposed to a 350cc implant for example. You want to make sure that you see a surgeon that will listen to you and your goals for the procedure and discuss in detail their recommendation for size and shape not only taking into consideration your desired outcome but also your breast measurements before the procedure including your chest dimensions. And then let you try the implants that they feel will give you the desired result so you are in agreement with the size.

Is it possible to go at least 550cc with my body type?

From your photos alone I wouldn't be confident that 550 ccs could be placed and yet not look distorted.  There is also the question of what future damage you'll suffer from thinning of your skin and breast tissue with the weight and size of such large implants.  Seeing a photo on the internet that you like doesn't mean that in a year or two the woman will not regret having such large implants "stuffed" in.  
On the other hand, having had a pregnancy the distensability of your breasts may be great enough to allow an above average sized implant.  The best determination for this is at the time of a face to face consultation and examination with a Bd Certified plastic surgeon.  Ultimately I choose the final implant only at the time of the surgical procedure when I can actually see the shape and size/contour of test implants placed in the actual pocket.  This gives me leeway to adjust up or down based on the actual result and appearance.  
Make your decision carefully to lessen the risk that you'll be on RS in the future asking how much smaller an implant you can change to without needing skin reduction ("uplift") scars. Try to think long term for the best chance of your own satisfaction.  
Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast augmentation sizing.

Thank you for your question. The proper way to perform her breast  augmentation is to use tissue based measurements to provide a range of sizes of implants. From reading and looking at your pictures you're very petite and therefore I believe that's a larger implant will look obviously fake  and possibly also cause complications. I prefer to use smaller implants to get better long-term results. I hope that helps and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Is it possible to go at least 550cc with my body type

You should first try to ask for a 3d imaging of different sizes so you can get a clear visual of what you'd expect after the operation. Your breast measurements should also be taken into account before the operation.

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation: Information

Dear Ms. Ashley025,

Thank you for your story and questions. Unfortunately without nude photos and a actual
exam I am limited (including taking accurate measurements of your chest and determine the elasticity of your skin) and thus can only give you (hopefully helpful) non specific comments.

Choosing the correct breast implant is a multifactoral depending on your anatomy, skin strech, desired look and size.
Breast size is a very personal choice and using a variety of techniques (some of which you may have completed) you can achieve the size and look you desire.

Unfortunately bra manufactures have not standardized cup sizes.
Breast implant manufactures have created a wide spectrum of implants based on a "cc" measuring system. Different base widths result in different projections for the same size of cc's. Different shapes are based on the cohesiveness of the internal gel.

My responses are:
1)sizing:
A)purchase several bras (full bodied and no padding) of the size you think you want to
be. As you realize there are no standard bra (strap/cup) sizes.
B)take a measuring cup (1 oz=30cc) place rice in a nylon y
C) try on various volumes of rice with some form fitting clothes.
D) if implants placed in the submuscular position I personally add 10% additional volume to compensate for the muscle flat renting of the implant.

2)placement of implant:
Select several nude model photos of the goal breast shape you desire.
Placement decision of implant(subpectoral, dual plane, or suprapectoral) will be determined based on your anatomy If the implant is placed under the pectoralis muscle I usually add 10% volume to what the patient chooses.... to compensate for the muscle pressing down on the muscle and for the naturally settleing of the implant which often makes the breast appear smaller 2-3 months after surgery.

3)profile of implant:
A) for the same volume the higher the profile the narrower the base width.
B)there is very little difference in projection between a moderate to high profile implant
thus little affect on the perceptible final projection of your breasts.
C) the base width of the breast should equal the base width of the implant
D)thus I personally chose the profile based on the patients chest measurements,
(a high profile on a wide chest may not result in the cleavage desired and
conversely a low profile on a narrow chest may result in implant in the outside arm
area).

4)types of implants:
A) round
B) anatomical or shaped be (form stable)
5)Filler material
A) Silicone gel
B) Normal Saline

6) Access incisions
A) axillary
+ no scars on breast
- scar in armpit
B) Peri areolar
+ blends with areolae
- higher chance of internal scarring (capsular contracture)
C) intra mammary
+ lowest incidence of internal scar ting (capsular contracture)
- scar on breast
E) umbilical
+ no scars on breasts
- can only insert saline filled implants

7)there are four companies that produce breast implants:
-1) Mentor
-2) Allergan
-3) Sientra
-4) Ideal
1-2 =silicone fill comes from same factory
3 =silicone gel has highest cohesiveness (gummy bear) for round implants
1= only implants made in USA
1-2 = make both silicone and normal saline filled implants
4= only makes normal saline filled implants
4 = has internal baffles in normal saline implant to give feel more like silicone filled implants
1-4 = all FDA approved, lifetime warranties
1-3 have capsular contracture warranty
1-3 have different profiles (for same volume different base widths) resulting in different projections.
1-3 have anatomical or shaped implants.
I personally use all four companies based on the above and the best "fit" for the patient.

I trust your Plastic Surgeon is experienced and is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Breast Implant Size

Thank you for your questions and photos. Selection of breast implant size cannot be determined from photos. If you want to look natural and have the breast implants proportional to your body frame then you may not be able to have 550 cc implants. Implants that are too large can result in excessive lateral breast fullness and are more prone to soft tissue thinning and premature sagging that may require additional surgery. Proper implant selection requires an exam so ask the surgeon why he recommended the 480 cc UHP implants. I suspect it is because this is the largest volume implant that is compatible with your breast width. The last photo you posted shows implants that are too large for her body frame. You may want this type of result but it has the potential negative long term consequences that I mentioned. 

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

There are reasons why plastic surgeons guide you in the selection of your implants. You have to have enough skin envelope to accept the implants. The chest must be able to support the width of the implants. So I would ask your plastic surgeon why he/she stated that. 

Susan Kaweski, MD

Is it possible to go at least to 550cc with my body type

It is impossible to tell from the pictures you sent. You will get some stretching of your own skin but you need to have a certain amount of laxity to fit that size of an implant in.  if the skin does not stretch then you will get more distortion of  your breast with nipple areolar complex malposition  -  relative to the implant.     I think you can put that implant in you just need to know how it will affect the position of your nipple.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Can I have 550 cc implants?

Focusing on a result and long-term safety is more relevant and important than focusing on a particular number of cc's. Implant size (and projection) is chosen based on body measurements balanced with a desired look. Not all women can SAFELY have all implant sizes/types regardless of desire. Sometimes it's a compromise.
Based on height, weight, body type, bone structure, fat composition, and chest wall anatomy bodies are different. Just knowing a specific number of cc's has no relevance since it is out of context. Implants that are larger than recommended based on a person's particular measurements can lead to increased tissue thinning, rippling, skin stretching, stretch marks, wider areolas, and/or implant malposition. Implant malposition is where an implant ends up where it doesn't belong. These issues are often very hard to repair. Here are just a few of multiple possibilities:
-the implants may cross the midline giving a "uniboob"
-the implants may land in the armpit
-the "mushroom breast" appearance where your arm hits your breast every time it swings forward (the girl in the photo has this)
If none of this convinces you after mulling it over for a LONG time (eg 1 year or longer) and you still want the ultra-exotic look, you can have your implants replaced to larger ones after your tissues have stretched to some degree.

Orna Fisher, MD

Implants need to fit on your chest

so the simplest way of going about sizing is choosing the volume you want and then deferring to your surgeon to pick the right profile so you won't have symmastia or other issues that will detract from your results.  Your body dimensions will determine what you can handle but be wary of the surgeon that says you cannot exceed your natural breast width as you can but BUT you must accept risks if you do that. 

Curtis Wong, MD