Can my upper busted lip be fixed? (photo)

Hello I felled down and busted my upper right lip back in November 2005(2nd grade). I was wondering if it could be removed/fixed?

Lip Injury

Thanks for your question.
Based on the photos, you likely have developed a type of "scar" vs. a small cyst in the lip lining at the site of your injury.  This can be easily addressed with an excision in the clinic setting.  Seek consultation with an otolaryngologist, facial plastic surgeon or oral surgeon.
Good luck!

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can my upper busted lip be fixed?

Hello joe574,
Thanks for your question.
The scar on the inside of your upper lip can be removed and improved.
Find a plastic surgeon with lots of experience in scar revision to discuss your concerns with.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Revision Of An Old Laceration Of The Upper Lip

The answer to your question, is yes, that can be treated.  It appears that you have developed scar tissue at the site of your old laceration.  This can be excised in such a way that the scar is located on the inner surface of your lips, and the vermilion border and the shape of the upper lip is not distorted. 

Peter Lee, MD, FACS