Are there programs to help with funding? How much should I expect to pay for lipo on my arms?

Yeah, basically I'm broke and I was wondering if there was a way to receive help with the payments. Also, about how much should I expect to pay for lipo, just on my arms? Are there less expensive alternatives to lipo for your arms that are just as effective? Thanks.

Financing options are available for plastic surgery.

Financial concerns are common among people who are considering plastic surgery. As far as liposuction for the arms, it’s hard to give a blanket cost because there are many variables that go into pricing any procedure: surgery center costs, anesthesiologist fees, plastic surgeon fees, etc. At your consultation you will provided a detailed breakdown of pricing, so you will know what to expect. Be sure to ask the patient coordinator which financing options are available and the different plans that that particular office subscribes to. Financing is a great option for many people, as it allows you to make monthly payments for your surgery, rather than paying one lump sum up front.

Liposuction - want it but am broke

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am sorry you are broke - 
  • If you really have no money, it is wise to get your finances in order first.
  • If yoiu are working, you may be able to finance the surgery via Care Credit or similar financing.
  • Most surgeons' offices offer at least one kind of financing.
  • The cost of liposuction varies - depending on the area of the country and what needs to be done.
  • The surgeon's fee is likely to be in the $2000 range -
  • It will cost more if you are asleep or sedated for the surgery.
  • There are no less expensive, equally effective treatments - it would be nice if there were.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- Arms

Many offices offer financing, and the total amount can be paid over time. The cost of liposuction will vary based on physician expertise, location, and type of procedure. I  suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Excess skin can be removed during the procedure, or improved with ThermiRF or other devices that tighten skin. Best, Dr. Emer

Funding for Liposuction and Costs

Most plastic surgeon's offices offer financing through companies like CareCredit. However, if you are "broke," there is probably no way that they will loan you the money. The cost varies somewhat, but is fairly standard if you select someone with significant experience and a real expert.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Payment options for liposuction

there are no assistance programs. Many plastic surgery offices of her financing through companies such as care credit.

These companies require credit where the mess before they let money.
There are no effective lower priced options the liposuction.

The only alternative is cool sculpting which generally has a much lower effectiveness and lower patient satisfaction.

Some medical schools have a discount cosmetic surgery clinics as part of their plastic surgery residencies.

You could contact the plastic surgery department at University of Utah medical center to see if they offer such a program.
Liposuction can legally be performed by doctors who have no formal training in surgery. There are doctors who have much less experience or no formal training in this procedure for liposuction at a discount.

I would highly advise against going that route.

If liposuction is done badly if you leave a lifetime disfigurement that's irreparable.

My suggestion is that you work on your financial situation and save up some money and have the procedure done correctly when you can afford it.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Are there programs to help with funding? How much should I expect to pay for liposuction on my arms?

Thank you for your question.  Most plastic surgeons will have some form of credit financing to help patients make small monthly payments instead of the typical all-up-front model.  This may make the procedure more of a possibility for you.  Costs will depend on the extent and procedure needed to achieve your results, so best to see a series of surgeons to have a better idea as to the costs in SLC.  Best wishes.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.
Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon