Can filler be placed in lips after getting a permalip implant?

I am considering getting a permalip implant but am thinking that even the largest implant will not be enough augmentation and may want to further add filler on top after. Is this able to be done? Will this in anyway distrupt/disfigure the implant? I currently get 2 syringes of juv. ultra plus in my lips. I think it will be more cost effective to get an implant and add one syringe on top, always being happy that because I have the implant, my lips will not deflate down to complete original state.

Filler after permalip implants

Thank you for asking about your Permalip implants.

You are exactly right - even the largest Permalip implants will not give the very full look of filler. Yes, after the swelling from the implant subsides, you can have lip filler and should need much less than before.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant and a dermal filler can be used to further augment the lips after a Permalip implant has been placed.  I would wait 1 month in order to allow the lips to heal from the lip implant procedure.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Sure!

Can you do it? - yes. The implant is a really nice product.  You're right -- they won't deflate back to nothing. Consider fat grafting though in addition or instead of the implant. Fat grafting certainly has to be repeated, but you can eventually build up a very nice, permanent result.  Of course, this is assuming you have some fat to move! If you are too thin, it's not an option.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Filler Over Lip Implants

Thank you for your question.  Please seek advice from your plastic surgeon to whether they are happy to perform Permalip procedure with existing lip filler.  Over the year of performing this procedure I have never experience any problems with inserting on top.  

The Permalip™ are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your lip volume without changing the shape of your lip. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look.

All The Best

Tweet