Based on my lips, what Permalip implant size should I get? (Photo)

I am deciding on Permalip size between 5 mm for my top lip and 4 mm for bottom or just do 4 mm for both? I want natural but noticeable change in fullness. I had my lips injected with juvederm two weeks ago but they didn't really get fuller, just a tiny bit. I want permanent result so decided to get implants. Also I m really worried about my smile after implants, will I be able to keep it?? It's very important to me especially considering that I work as a model. Thank you for all your help!!!!!

Permalip Size

Thank you for your question and pictures.  Most of my patients which opt to have Permalip have once had lip filler, therefore to make it easier to understand a 4mm lip implant would be like having 1ml of lip filler and a 5mm lip implant would be like having 1.5-2ml of lip filler. In patients similar to you, they would initially opt for 4mm implant, a few have decided to opt for 5mm at a later stage, but 90% are happy with the 4mm in the top 

Naturally your bottom lip should be bigger than your top lip - looking at the lips as a whole, the bottom lips should be 3/4 in size and the top 1/4 in size, therefore you may decide to have a larger implant in the top than the bottom, or decide not to have an implant in the bottom.  

Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  All The Best 

Based on my lips, what Permalip implant size should I get?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is small compared to your lower. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.  The 4mm in both lips seems appropriate in your case.  It's recommended to have a 4mm in for about 1 year before attempting to replace it with a 5mm (the largest size available).

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.