Can a breast lift and/or reduction be done without any cutting around the nipple? (photos)

I've had 3 kids & my breasts have gotten larger with each one. I now wear a size 38 I. I'm not so much concerned about the size, as I've had large breasts my entire life but, they are not as perky as I'd lime them to be. My biggest concern is that I have my nipples pierced and tattoos on both breasts including one directly around one areola. I was wondering if there was a way to do a lift without moving or cutting around my nipple at all or without risking cutting into any of the other tattoos?

Breast Lift

The breast lift component requires an incision around the nipple areolar complex.  At the time of your consultation your plastic surgeon would be able to inform you regarding the specifics in your circumstance. This operative procedure provides a high level of patient satisfaction.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants).
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift

A breast lift, known as a mastopexy, is designed to restore the ideal shape of the breast.  In your case, it specifically is designed to move the nipple/areola back to its more desired position centered on the breast mound.  When the nipple is below the crease under the breast (known as the inframammary crease), it is referred to as third degree breast ptosis.  Correction of this ptosis requires surgically moving the nipple/areola.  This means making an incision around the nipple and areola in order to accomplish the procedure.

There are a variety of techniques, but they all have one thing in common, relocation of the nipple and areola with surgical incisions.  You should consider meeting with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to review your options.  Ideally, these incisions will fade over time and will become imperceptible.

Good luck with your surgery!

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and tattoos

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. You are an excellent candidate for a breast lift. If you'd like to be a little smaller a reduction will be able to achieve both goals. Unfortunately, the process does cut around the nipple and you will lose some / all of the old tattoos. 
However, once you have finished healing, you can go back and re-tattoo the area if you desire to do so. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Can a breast lift and/or reduction be done without any cutting around the nipple?

No. Based on your photos- you appear to be a candidate for reduction/lift ( anchor incisions) in order to reduce the size of your breasts, and remove the excess skin.

No ma'am

Every lift technique (and especially in your case), requires an incision around the nipple-areolar complex (NAC).  The only way to lift and move the NAC into it's optimal place is to remove the skin around it and release the tissues so that it can be moved to it's new location.  Hope this helps.

-JGH

Lift

All techniques involve at least incisions around the aerola.  You could have the procedure done which will reduce your areola size and remove the tattoo entirely.  Then after you heel you could re-tattoo the area if you wish.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Breast lift

In your case, I would say no. You need a full lift and incisions around the areola to lift the breast. Best of luck.

Re do Tattoos after Breast Lift

Since the goal of the breast lift is to reposition and to reshape the breast mound upward and off of your tummy, the skin above your nipple/areola area needs to be removed in order to do this.  This allows the nipple/areola to be repositioned at the peak of the breast mound, facing forward instead of downward.    After you have healed and the scarring has faded, you can get a new tattoo around your lifted areola, if you so desire.

Best Wishes!