I want to get a Brazilian Butt lift without my boyfriend knowing, will this be possible?

To begin, I know honesty is the best policy but my boyfriend is a natural guy and loves my body for the way it is so he will always be against cosmetic surgery. However I am a 22 year old female with a very flat butt and want to under BBL to get a bigger and rounder butt, this has always affected my self esteem badly. I live with my bf and want to know if it would be possible to get this procedure done without him knowing? Will recovery be obvious?

Will my boyfriend know if I get a BBL?

To be honest, recovery from a BBL takes time and care. Since you live together, it is unlikely that you will be able to have this procedure performed and recover appropriately without your boyfriend knowing. You want to have the support of your significant other in your recovery for best results. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The only thing I will say is that is impossible.. Why? because you will be in pain for at least 2 months with discomfort and also you will have to use a garment for 6 months.. It is not something you can hide to your boyfriend that spends most of the time with you and close to you sweetie..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

It would be very difficult to hide this from your boyfriend because full recovery can last 3-4 months. Initially, you will need someone to stay with you and supervise you for the first 24 hours. You will also have to refrain from sleeping on sitting on your buttocks for the first 3 weeks. You will have noticeable swelling and bruising post operatively and have to wear a body garment around the clock for at least the first 3-4 weeks. It would be best to be honest with him, you will need his support throughout this process and during your recovery. Best of luck.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL Recovery

Thank you for your question. If you are living with your boyfriend it will be very hard to keep it from him that you have had a procedure done. You will experience bruising and tenderness in the areas you had liposuction and you will have to adjust how you sleep and sit in the first few weeks. Most patients are able to return to work one week after the procedure and resume strenuous activities such as exercise four to six weeks following surgery. That being said recovery wise will be very noticeable. 

Wish you the best,

Dr. Newall 

German Newall, MD