Fluffing & sitting after a BBL. Any suggestions?

I've heard different times from different ladies. How long does it take for your booty to fluff & when you can sit on it without a booty pillow. I'm 28 days post op. I still haven't sit on my booty, I'm on my feet 5-6 hours of my eight hr shift . If I sit it's nomore than 15 mins & I use my booty buddy. Some of the females said your measurements of booty at 3 weeks will most likely be just. Is that true?

Sitting After a Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you very much for your question, and congratulations on your recent Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. I normally recommend that patients refrain from sitting on their buttocks for more than 15 minutes at a time for four to six weeks after their procedure, as the transferred fat is still extremely delicate. In general, most patients do not see much change in their buttocks after the residual swelling has resolved, six to eight weeks after the surgery. I recommend that you speak with your operating surgeon, who will have his/her own Brazilian Butt Lift recovery protocol. They can then give instructions based on your medical history and healing progression.

Sitting After a Brazilian Butt Lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I never recommend my patients to sit without a boopy pillow after a brazilian butt lift, the fat is moldable and also you can lose the shape.. Wait at least 8 weeks and then sit without the pillow..

BBL

I allow my patients to begin sitting for a few minutes as a time after about two weeks or so. You should discuss this with your surgeon.

BBL

I think the things you have are fairly accurate. We typically as that patients not sit on their buttocks for the first 4 weeks. I would check with your surgeon for their particular protocol. Usually by about 4 weeks the fat will remain unchanged except for some residual swelling. The contour will continue to improve as the swelling in waiste and back resolve over the first 3 months.

BBL

It is generally safe to sit on your buttocks after 3 weeks. Swelling is still present at 28 days and will continue to resolve. Generally, most of the swelling has resolved by 6-8 weeks and you should start to see your finally results by then. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

BBL

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery