RF ultrasound treatment post Lipo. Did I just get ripped off or is this a necessary treatment?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 4
RF or Ultrasound After Liposuction
Ultrasound after liposuction
- It is a little upsetting to have surgery and be told you need to pay more for a good result.
- Ultrasound is not necessary after liposuction.
- It does heat the tissues under the skin - a little heat does little and a lot of heat may damage the tissues.
- But massage does feel good and some of my patients believe it truly speeds up healing.
- A patient recently told me of buying a $15 massager on-line and said it seems to help her swelling a lot.
- You can either rely on your surgeon's advice and go ahead with her/his recommendation or cancel the treatments and just try massage.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
No proven benefit of radiofrequency treatments after liposuction.
You might also like...
Ultrasound after tummy tuck
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.