Saggy loose skin under chin...turkey neck? (photo)

I am a 35-year old female and I recently lost 73 pounds. I'd like many things fixed :)...but the one that bothers me the most is my chin. I had a double chin when I was heavy, but now it's just loose empty skin that hangs there. What plastic surgery procedure(s) would I need to get done to get rid of it? I've lost 73 pounds but still feel fat because of my hanging neck. :( Thank you!

Neck lift with platysmaplasty

Neck lift with platysmaplasty would be the best option.  Neck lift to tighten the skin of the neck.  Platysmaplasty to address the banding in the midline.

Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower face/neck lift with platysmaplasty would give the best results.

Tightening up the lower jawline and neck would make a big improvement and can be done under local tumescent anesthesia easily for roughly $8500. It would make a dramatic improvement with a week of down time and be safer than general anesthesia. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

A neck lift is often the best means of eliminating “turkey neck”

Significant, rapid weight loss unfortunately does often result in loose, hanging skin as you describe. The best way to tighten and eliminate this excess skin is through a surgical neck lift. This procedure will tighten the skin along with the underlying muscle and remove excess, hanging skin in order to restore a smoother, more youthful look to the neck. I hope this helps.

Excess neck skin after weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Unfortunately, rapid weight loss can lead to excess skin in many areas.  Based on the photos, it seems you have excess skin and muscle banding.  There aren't any real nonsurgical options that work well.  An necklift with a platysmaplasty would work well on the neck.  If you have jowls, and you want to improve those (best time to do it is at the same time) then a minifacelift with platysmaplasty would work well and make you happy.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Saggy loose skin under chin...turkey neck?

A neck lift will provide substantial improvement to the appearance of the neck.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

Congrats on your weight loss. Based on your pictures you have prominent plastysma bands and a loose neck. In my experience, the lower facelift /neck lift with muscle band repair gives the best results. Get a consult from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to better answer your question. All the best

Improving the appearance of loose skin under the chin

In general, a necklift yields a great result. A platysmaplasty and removal of skin around the ears can be performed if needed. An exam would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice. I would recommend consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon, as they will be able to examine you in person and go over your options. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Saggy neck skin

It looks like you will probably need some sort of a neck lift but you would need to be examined in person.

"Turkey Neck" Treatment

For best improvement and most longevity, you would commit to a necklift. No other procedure will be able to provide similar results.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower face and neck lift

Due to the significant amount of weight loss, the skin  has been stretched out  in the lower neck area. Anterior platysmal banding is also present.  A lower face-neck lift with tightening of the muscle bands through platysmaplasty, removal of any residual  fat  and tightening up a significant amount of skin in the lower neck area will address these issues.