Sagging Breasts Age 19. Lift? Teardrop Implants? (photo)

I'm 19 years old and have always had large breasts at the age of 13 I wore a size 34G. As of recently lost around 40 pounds due to healthy eating and exercise. I have always had an issue with sagging but even more so now that I've dropped down to a 34DD. Although I'm a 34DD my breasts aren't full and are actually very small. I have a lot of excess stretched skin and not a lot of mass in my breasts. I want to have a lift but also want to obtain a look of perfection with a teardrop implant. HELP

Breast lift and implants for sagging breasts

Thank you for your question and photograph.  A breast lift with a minor breast reduction will lift and position your breast to a more natural and pleasing appearance.  Because of the weight you have lost you most likely will also need an implant to give you the full firm look that you want after your breast lift.

Please read the link below.  Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in breast lift surgery and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Breast lift

Hi Victoria,

Congratulations on the weight lost.  You clearly would benefit from undergoing a breast lift with implants. Although you are currently a DD, I would still recommend using an implant.  The use of an implant would serve to give you a better shape and more upper pole fullness.  It will not be used to increase your breast volume.  There are some surgeons that prefer to perform this surgery in two stages, I disagree.  I believe this surgery can be performed quite safely and effectively in one stage.  The difference in opinion stems from the type of lift these surgeons perform.  There are some techniques that make it unsafe to combine these procedures and some techniques allow for the combined performance.

In your case, I find no advantage in using a tear drop implants.  There are certain cases where their use is appropriate, but not with you.  As to the type of lift you should undergo, it should be performed with very little skin tension. These lifts relay on the blood supply coming from above.  In this way, the bottom part of the breast tissue can be used to support the lift.  Although many of these lifts can be performed without the horizontal incision, your breasts may require some horizontal component given your size and shape.

Good luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Sagging Breasts Age 19. Lift?

Lift, yes. Implants, ??

A lift would clearly have benefits. You would probably need a full anchor pattern lift, and even those of us who commonly combine lifts and augmentations in one setting would think twice about the added risks in your situation.

I would start with a lift alone, and then if you really think you want to be larger, discuss it in six months with your surgeon, reviewing all the pros and cons. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

DD cup and Needs Lift and Implant

If you already are a DD, I would hesitate to recommend an implant as that will only make you larger, which may have long term adverse health consequences.  To create breasts that are higher and have more fullness, a breast lift can be performed.  The breast lift can produce very nice shapely breasts.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lift with or without implants?

I would start with the breast lift.  You still have a fair amount of your own tissue, so you will still be a relatively large size.  An implant might actually make you bigger than you'd like to be.  Also, because you are so young, will likely have children at some point, etc., you can expect to need another breast lift in the next 5-10 years.  You could always do implants at that time if it was right for you.  Good luck!

Lift and Implant Type for Young Patient

Some patients will achieve a better shape to their breast, such as increased superior fullness, if an #implant is used at the time of the #BreastLift. This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy.The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.
Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape and size of the implants to be used. Shaped implants are all textured and should not rotate when used properly. In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from shaped implants.
Information that you read online may not apply to your situation. Make sure your Plastic Surgeon is boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

Lift and Implants

You have large breasts and moderate ptosis. You are going to require a wise pattern (anchor) skin excision lift, whether you decide to get implants or not.  This will give you a much more youthful breast shape and proper positioning of the breasts with relationship to the inframammary fold.  The only reason to do implants is if you want a larger breast size.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Breast lift with implants may provide you with the look that you desire

Congratulations on your weight loss and improved fitness.  What an achievement!  A breast lift would definitely help to restore a more aesthetic contour to your breasts, lifting them back to a perkier position.  It sounds like you would really prefer to also have a larger breast volume with more fullness than what you think that your natural breast will give you.  This could almost certainly be achieved by an augmentation.  One issue to address with your surgeon is whether your lift and augmentation should be performed separately or at the same time.  Although it is often possible to perform a lift at the same time as an augmentation, this is always more challenging than doing them separately and may compromise your long term result.  This is particularly a concern in your case because you require a significant lift.  I recommend asking your board certified Plastic Surgeon about the pros and cons of separating or combining these procedures in your case and recommend pursuing the approach that is recommended to give you the best long-term result.  It is worth a bigger commitment or investment now for the best possible long-term outcome.

Lift and implants

Thank you for the question and photos. I think you are a good candidate for lifting and augmentation with a shaped implant to reliably give you the upper breast projection that you desire. A small amount of breast may be removed for shaping purposes as well. I think than the upper breast improvement with shaped implants is dramatic and natural appearing. Discuss your options with a surgeon experienced with the newer shaped silicone gel implants.
Good luck.

Loose skin usually means breast lift

When the breast skin has been stretched and the nipple sits too low, then a breast lift procedure is necessary.  This will consist of removing excess skin under the breast and repositioning the nipple to a higher location on the chest wall.  There are varying degrees of the lift procedure, the scar can be just around the areola, a lollipop scar or an anchor scar.  The length of the scar depends on the amount of loose skin present.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon that performs this procedure frequently.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon