Safest way to remove an under eye vein?

If i stretch my skin, you can see that i have a vein under my eye that connects to a vein that goes to my temple. I would like to know if microphlebectomy would be the best. the nd:YAG laser seems to be effective too but ive seen people complain about lasers in general. I have hereditary dark circles anyways which i know are hard to treat but i would like to at least remove that vein. Another thing i heard about was sclerotherapy so I need someone to recommend me the best option in their opinion

Treatment under eye veins

This is a commonly asked question and there are many alternatives to treating under eye veins depending on the size of the vein and the experience of the person treating them.  The most common options are sclerotherapy, topical laser, fine needle radio frequency and removal through micro incisions.

Naples General Surgeon

Safest way to remove an under eye vein?

Very good question.  A good vascular laser in the hands of a good vein doctor, like the Cutera Excel V 1064 Nd-Yag laser is your best option.  I would stay away from sclerotherapy.  There are many complex vein connections and you could end up with a major complication if someone were to inject sclerosant into a periorbital vein.  Likewise, microphlebectomy in that area is extremely hazardous, except perhaps in the hands of oculoplastic surgeons.  Such a surgical procedure would likely be overkill.  Find a skilled vein doc in your area with an Excel V.

Adam Gropper, MD
Aventura Radiologist

Under eye vein

Thank you for your question. We use the gentlemax laser on the 755nm Alexandrite wavelength to safely and effectively treat the blue veins under the eyes. It would be best to get a consult in office for an evaluation of your vessels to see if you would be a good candidate. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist