PRP Breast Enlargement (aka the "Vampire Breast Lift"): Does It Actually Work? (photo)

Have heard a lot about the "Vampire Facelift," but have also starting to hear about PRP being used for breast lifts/enlargements. Is this a legitimate procedure? If so, how does it work and how is it different from other variations of breast lifts?

PRP breast enlargements

Thank you so much for your question about PRP and breast augmentation.

• There is good data showing that fat injections can successfully increase breast volume if used with the Brava skin expansion system.
  • There is no data showing that PRP affects fat injection, filler or any other outcomes or that it alone can be used to enlarge breasts.
  • I tried PRP on myself - it is also claimed to improve filler results. At least in me, the PRP alone vanished quickly, PRP with filler lasted a while and filler alone lasted the longest, by far.
  • In the absence of good scientific data, PRP whatever it is called remains expensive and results are not proven. 
In time, PRP may be shown to be of value. So far, it has not.

Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!

There is no science behind any of the material that you are talking about and have heard.  These are gimmicks that are promoted by individuals whose only purpose is to have you spend money.  Do not waste your time and money on anything that has not proven to be safe and effective and is not approved by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

PRP for breast lift / enlargement

PRP alone would not do anything to help lift or augment the breast.  Perhaps the idea involves the use of fat transplantation and PRP.  That can help augment and lift the breast.  Find out ... if its just PRP, don't bother.

PRP Breast Enlargement

PRP for breast enhancement is a questionable procedure. For breast enlargement, you are best off opting for breast implants.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

"Vampire Breast Lift"

Agreed!  If you want to enlarge your breasts,  stick with the gold standard.  Breast Augmentation performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

PRP Breast Enlargement (aka the "Vampire Breast Lift"): Does It Actually Work?

There is no scientific evidence that demonstrates any benefit from a "vampire breast lift". I would not waste your time or money on this.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Vampire Breast Lift

I completely agree with the other plastic surgeon. There is no scientific evidence that demonstrates any benefit from the use of a "vampire breast lift or facelift" for that matter. This is all just marketing gimmics; they are about as real as their namesake suggests. I would recommend you see a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to obtain an ethical and honest opinion about your aesthetic concerns. Best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

It's too bad some doctors feel the need to attach crazy names to unproven procedures and then market the procedure as if it had some magical qualities. The answer to your question is there is no evidence that the vampire procedure is any more real than it's namesake. Just a figment.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Vampire breast lift

there is no medical evidence that a PRP breast lift will work and I strongly suggest you do not waste your money on it.

Julio Garcia, MD