Halo Laser and Skin Tightening?

I am scheduled for a Halo Laser treatment on my neck and face to help with hyper-pigmentation. I am 48 years old and have some minor sagging under my chin. Also I can tell that my face has a slight droop to it that wasn't there when in my 30s. Can I expect the Halo Laser to help tighten these areas? Even a minor lift would be great!

Halo Laser and Skin Tightening

Halo laser is not for skin tightening I often combine this or other fractional laser treatments with skin tightening procedures like thermage, ultherapy, venus legacy etc.  I suggest you speak to a dermatologist who can provide you with a treatment plan for all your concerns.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Halo Laser and Skin Tightening

Halo laser is not designed for skin tightening. Another procedure can be combined with Halo to provide you skin tightening. Consult with an experienced and expert treating physician to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Halo Tightening

Although the Halo laser is not primarily for skin tightening, many patients do feel and see a tightening effect. The ablative setting of this laser is takes off dead skin and the non-ablative layer stimulates collagen causing a natural tightening effect.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Halo for Sagging Skin

Halo is an excellent choice to help reduce pigmentation.  You should not expect the Halo to tighten sagging skin.  While this treatment does, in fact, tighten the skin, it is minimal and usually not significant enough to be a solution.  I would suggest that you consult with a provider for surgical options to address these needs.  

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo can very slightly tighten the skin via resurfacing and collagen stimulation, but is not a tightening treatment

Hello Twinmon,

Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser is a unique type of laser that delivers two laser wavelengths simultaneously: 1) an ablative laser and 2) a non ablative laser. The ablative laser resurfaces the outside layers of the skin, and the non ablative laser penetrates deep into the skin through thousands of tiny, deep columns known as microthermal treatment zones. The main objective of Halo is to reduce epidermal pigmented cells and to deliver heat deep into the dermis to tighten skin and stimulate collagen remodelling.

So to answer your question, with Halo, patients do experience a very slight overall tightening of the skin - and this could be described as you said, as a "minor lift". However, this tightening is likely going to be insufficient for you to notice an improvement to the sagging you have under the chin. If your primary concern is pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, and dull looking skin, Halo is a good choice. If your primary concern is loose skin under the chin, then skin tightening with something like SkinTyte might be an option for you. If you are open to surgery, the gold standard for improving sagging skin under the chin is lower facelift surgery.

Tom Buonassisi

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon