Just had Halo on my face five days ago. Is it safe, and will I see dramatic results?

I have Hslo on my neck and chest next week. Is it safe to that area and eill I see dramatic results, as far as, removing brown spots and slightly sagging neck?

Expected results with Halo

Halo treatment is an excellent and safe procedure with an experienced and expert treating physician. Patient selection is key. Your treating physician should be able to guide you on the expected improvement as he or she knows the scope of the treatment and the specifics about you.

Halo Laser

The Halo is a great option to do the face, neck, chest. It helps with the pigment and a minor tightening around the neck/jowl area. It induces collagen and the ablative setting takes of a layer takes off microns off the skin. At 2 weeks to 1 month you will start to notice the ideal results. A spot treatment with the BBL laser for any brown spots in combination with the Halo will give you optimal results. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Halo for Neck and Chest

Yes, the Halo is safe and effective for the neck and chest.  It may be best to combine the treatment with BroadBand Light treatments to improve the results.  I would not count on the Halo being a solution for a sagging neck.  There will be minimal improvement as far as skin tightening. 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo

Halo absolutely improves the neck and chest. That skin is thinner and more fragile than the face though so expect it to take more than one treatment to get the result you may want. I do think you will see improvement after one treatment though just remember it takes about 3 months. It is an amazing treatment unlike any other we have available. I combine it with BBL either before or after or even in between depending on what you are trying to treat.

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo on the neck and chest

You will receive a great result on the neck and chest but you need to keep in mind that the provider will not be as aggressive on those areas. Depending on the amount of sun damage that you have on your  chest or neck, you may need multiple light treatments versus one aggressive treatment. I wish you the best of luck.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Halo Treatments off the face

Halo settings when treating off the face need to be at lighter, more gentle treatment parameters simply because non-facial skin cannot be treated as aggressively as facial skin.  You will definitely need more than one treatment to see long term results.  As energy settings are at a lower level you will see results, but I wouldn't want you to go into your first treatment with the expectations of 'dramatic' improvement.  We have been using Halo for almost 6 months and patients are loving the way their skin is responding to this new hybrid laser technology. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Halo Laser Treatment and Expectations

I suggest you speak to your treating physician.  One treatment of this laser doesn't clear up years of sun damage or aging.  But a series will give you improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.