I am getting an all ceramic 6 unit bridge for my front teeth. I have 4 missing teeth and the canines are being used as a support

The dentist placed a temp bridge but that felt too tight. I was given another temp but am having issues- a) I am having pain on pressing the canine with my lower teeth B) my lower teeth and upper are banging when I speak c) my jaw hurts as if not closing properly d) my speech is impacted. I am very tensed that my permanent will also have the same issues. Are these problems with temp expected & can it be solved by minor adjustments. Should I make sure my temp is 100% fine then give final impression

Problems with temp #bridge #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I would recommend returning to your dentist to have your bite evaluated. It is important that your bite be even and that you aren't hitting on a particular tooth harder than the others. A bite that is off can cause jaw pain and other issues.  I would recommend returning to your dentist as soon as possible for an evaluation.  A simple bite adjustment usually takes care of the issue and only takes about 10 minutes in the dental chair. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Bridge needs to be adjusted.

Having two teeth support 4 missing teeth puts a lot of stress on those canines.  Your problems are due to improper occlusion of the temporary.  Your dentist needs to adjust the bite until your bite and lateral excursions are comfortable.  Basically if you cant close or slide your jaw around without banging your teeth together you need adjustments.  This should alleviate the problems you are having within a few days.  He should do the same adjustments with the final bridge also.

Joseph Proscia, DDS
Bonita Springs Dentist