Had a bridge put in 1.5 year. My gum is swollen first tooth on the left side between one of the teeth on my bridge. (photo)

My gum is swollen between my first tooth on the left side of my bridge. I also was never able to put my floss threader through the left side around that first tooth.. it wouldn't go in but was able to floss on the right side and the other teeth. Could this be a change of my gums or the bridge was placed wrong? I do have pain too when my air conditioner is on.

Gums swollen around bridge #DrSoftTouch

Flossing under a bridge is just as important as flossing your natural teeth. Teeth under the bridge can develop cavities if not cared for properly. Swollen gums can be caused by the build up of bacteria around the teeth. The presence of gum inflammation can indicated gum disease and when left untreated, can result in tooth loss. Proper home care and routine dental check ups and cleanings are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile. I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your dentist for a complete evaluation. I hope this helps. Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.