I used Kybella IV and now I'm having IVF. Are there risks to the embryo's health?

I went to a doctor that treated me with Kybella intraveniouse. Now 5 days later I have a long planned IVF-stimulation to start and now I read that Kybella might have negative effects on the embryo health? Can you tell me more about the risk? Thank you!

Now wanting IVF...

I do not believe that Kybella will interfere with your IVF or efforts to get pregnant. Once pregnant or breastfeeding, you cannot have Kybella, Botox, or other injectables....

Kybella and IVF

Kybella acts locally and it should not interfere with IVF. Share your concerns with your physician so s/he can address your concerns. Good luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Kybella & IVF

Honestly, I don't think that it would be an issue but the best person to answer this would be your IVF doctor. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Intraveound Kybella

Thank you for your question havanna78. Kybella is the first and, thus far, only non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. Kybella is indicated for injection in the skin, not intravenous injection. I am not aware of the safety or efficacy of Kybella via intravenous injection. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Kybella and IVF

I would check with your IVF physician but since this is a local effect I would not think that it would interfere with you having IVF.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD