I got my second treatment of Kybella Saturday morning. On Wednesday, will it be OK to go in an infrared sauna?

See above.

Yes, there should be no problem going to a sauna

Thank you for your question. Kybella is a great treatment because there are virtually no activity restrictions following the procedure. The only restriction I tell patients is to avoid heavy exercise for the first 24 hours following treatment, as this may increase swelling and be uncomfortable. Going to the sauna 4 days after treatment should be fine.

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sauna after kybella

I would check with your board certified professional, but there should be no reason to worry about a sauna 4 days after Kybella -except: be aware that the area where kybella is administered may be numb ( like a "novacaine") for 3-4 weeks and you may not experience heat normally in that area- so you would need to be careful not to get a burn as a result of not feeling the heat.

Jonathan Hall, MD

Kybella & Sauna

No, there shouldn't be any issue. There are actually very few restrictions with Kybella which is one of its many benefits.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Heat exposure after Kybella

Thank you for your question butterflycali. Kybella is the first and, thus far, only non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. I recommend that my patients avoid heat exposure for 24 hours after injections. If my patient wanted to go in a sauna after that I would say it would be fine. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Sauna 4 days after Kybella

I do not believe that going to a sauna 4 days after your Kybella treatment would affect your ultimate results, but it is possible that you still could have some swelling present in the neck and the sauna could worsen this.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Having a sauna after Kybella, ok?

Hello butterflycali,

Thank you for sharing your question. Always best to check with the professional who provided a service regarding questions of what is ok or not ok to do (before/during/after). None of the data available to us regarding Kybella would preclude having a sauna four days later. Hope this helps. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Kybella and Sauna

The heat from a sauna can cause the swelling from the Kybella injections to worsen.  I would advise you only to go the sauna after all of your swelling has resolved.  Best, Dr. Green