Could my teeth be damaged from a bonded retainer?

I got my bonded retainer removed today and it feels like the back of my teeth are thinner, or that I lost the enamel covering it. One tooth even seems cracked or chipped. Of course it cold also be because I'm not used to not having the retainer there. So could having the bonded retainer on my teeth cause tooth damage? What can be done to fix the issue?

Removing Bonded Retainer

Usually taking off a bonded retainer is a minimally invasive procedure.  I would not expect the loss of any enamel.  

Most dental offices have intra oral cameras in their operatories.  I would ask if they can take a few photos.  I think you will find that everything is fine.  

If there are any cracks of chips, it should be easily remedied.

Removing a bonded retainer

Usually teeth are not damaged by removing a bonded retainer. Most likely, you are used to more bulk on the back of your teeth and now it is gone. I wouldn't worry about this at all.