Could my teeth be damaged from a bonded retainer?

I got my bonded retainer removed today and it feels like the back of my teeth are thinner, or that I lost the enamel covering it. One tooth even seems cracked or chipped. Of course it cold also be because I'm not used to not having the retainer there. So could having the bonded retainer on my teeth cause tooth damage? What can be done to fix the issue?

Removing a bonded retainer

Usually teeth are not damaged by removing a bonded retainer. Most likely, you are used to more bulk on the back of your teeth and now it is gone. I wouldn't worry about this at all.