Is lympangitis possible after a full Mommy Makeover?
Doctor Answers 1
Mommy make-over complicated by severe lymphangitis
Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.
- I am so very sorry you have had such a series of very very troubling complications.
- This is not something that can be managed for you long-distance.
- I would think you need to see an infectious disease specialist, a vascular/lymphatic specialist and a specialist in auto-immune disease.
- Unless there is an obvious cause - such as your smoking heavily throughout this process which can cause tissue necrosis and recurrent severe infections - or having a one or more risk factors that put you at high risk, such complications are very very rare and need expert, face-to-face evaluation and management.
- Ask your plastic surgeon and your regular doctor for help finding additional experts to take part in your evaluation and treatment.
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.