Is lympangitis possible after a full Mommy Makeover?

I had a mm in May, I had a necrosis on my abdomens scar and it closed up about a month ago. I at the same time had a horrible headache for 5 weeks prior. I have a mass of lympthatic fluid on my left shoulder. The ER also said I had cellulitis. I have had incredible swelling in my arms and legs, they all go numb, and I have a lot of peripheral nerve symptoms. I am despatate for help. A few weeks ago I also had a staph infection.

Mommy make-over complicated by severe lymphangitis

Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.

• I am so very sorry you have had such a series of very very troubling complications.
  • This is not something that can be managed for you long-distance.
  • I would think you need to see an infectious disease specialist, a vascular/lymphatic specialist and a specialist in auto-immune disease. 
  • Unless there is an obvious cause - such as your smoking heavily throughout this process which can cause tissue necrosis and recurrent severe infections - or having a one or more risk factors that put you at high risk, such complications are very very rare and need expert, face-to-face evaluation and management.
  • Ask your plastic surgeon and your regular doctor for help finding additional experts to take part in your evaluation and treatment.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD