Can my body get shape with a 360 belt lipectomy? I have lost 160 pounds with gastric bypass, I'm 2 years post op (Photo)

Can my body get shape with a 360 belt lypectomy? I have lost 160 pounds with gastric bypass, im 2 years post op. Would I have a waist I dont want to look like a square.

Can my body get shape with a 360 belt lipectomy? I have lost 160 pounds with gastric bypass, I'm 2 years post op

Body lift is probably a reasonable option based upon the description and the pictures.

Beverly Hills, CA

Wonderful candidate for a great shape

Wonderful decision on losing weight permanently, now the wonderful journey of feeling and looking awesome, curvaceous and confident just started. 
You are a great candidate for a LBL in order to get rid of the saggy skin on your abdomen, lateral and lift your butt beautifully. And also I would recommend a nice and tight muscle repair in order to achieve a small and tapered waist. Some liposuction to back will help to complete your curvaceous result and adding some volume to your butt will be just the cherry on the pay.
Be encouraged.
Dr. Cardenas

Abdominal contouring

Congratulations on your weight loss! The short answer is: yes you could easily obtain an hourglass shape with a properly performed lower body lift. During this procedure unwanted fat can be directly excised or liposuctioned and "wanted fat" in the gluteal region can be maintained. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in massive weight loss procedures. Best of luck!

Body lifting

From your photo you clearly need a full tummy tuck with tummy muscle tightening. It is hard to tell the laxity in your buttock or thighs, but you likely need some thigh lifting and perhaps buttock augmentation also. I agree you do not want to look square. And if you have your waist narrowed and you buttock tightened or filled out, you will get more of the hourglass shape. See someone who does a lot of body lifting so they can see and feel the laxity. Check out their post op photos to see the 'shapes' they achieve. Good luck.

Can I get a lift a keep my shape

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. Yes you can. A typical lower body lift unfortunately does masculinize the shape somewhat.  I therefore developed a flap to retain the hip / waist ratio if not enhance it.
In my hands a typical lower body lift consists of. 
1. A full tummy tuck. 
2. A mons lift. 
3. A strong lateral thigh lift. 
4. A buttock lift. 
5. Auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips as described above. 
You are starting off with an excellent shape already and therefore should get an excellent result. 
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Body lift

Congratulations on your weight loss! Although a physical exam is required to give you any meaningful advice, given your weight loss and your photos, I would likely suggest a circumferential body lift first. A common first line of attack for patients who have lost weight is a body lift procedure. Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy = lower body lift. This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift. Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has extensive experience in body contouring after weight loss to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX