Has anyone ever gotten a tummy tuck, BBL, breast lift and breast augmentation all at the same time?

Has anyone gotten more then 1 procedure done at the same time I'm planning on getting a BBL....tummy tuck...breast lift and Brest augmentation but how would I lay?? If I can't be on my back or stomach... Thanks

Combined tummy tuck, BBL and breast surgery

It is possible to combine multiple procedures such as a tummy tuck, buttock augmentation and breast surgery in a healthy patient. You need to have a thorough examination by a board certified plastic surgeon to review your medical history. However, the length of the surgery does increase the risk of complications, mainly blood clot formation in the legs (DVTs). You should recover in an after care facility for a day or two if you are a candidate for this type of combined procedure. As far as the recovery is concerned, you will be limited to a side to side position for several weeks after surgery (can't sleep on your stomach and can't sleep on your back). Watch this brief video for more information.

Yes, lots of surgeons do this combination.
Many of us however do not - for the reason you say.
The BBL is unlikely to turn out well if you lie on your back after a tummy tuck.
The combination also takes longer than the standard safe limit of 5 - 6 hours.

Your treatment plan

Although combined procedures can be safe, the treatment plan you list concerns me.  It is too much surgery at once.  As you highlighted, the positioning requirements after your BBL may affect your breasts.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Candidate for Mulptiple Procedures Such as a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy makeover and bbl

Thank your for your question. A mommy makeover can address the skin and muscle laxity of the abdominal region as well as reducing the excess fatty tissue and address the breast concerns at the same time. A brazilian butt lift helps to shape the buttock by borrowing fat from one part (or several) and transferring this fat to another. They are both extremely rewarding procedures. The best approach for a patient who wants to have both procedures is to stage them and possibly start with the BBL. Here is why:
1) A brazilian butt lift is transferring fat from one area to the buttock. One common donor area is the tummy. Once the fat is transferred, you need to keep pressure off the buttock as this allows new blood supply to develop to the newly grafted fat cells. Any stress such as pressure can reduce the efficacy of this process and hence you may lose some fat. Hence, no sitting or laying on your bottom for ~2 weeks.
2) A tummy tuck is removing excess skin and tightening the muscle as well as remove extra fat. To make the skin removal efficient and protect the incision, you surgeon will often remove skin while your hips are flexed. You will need to maintain this position after surgery for about a week. This will required you to sleep in a recliner position for a good week. In addition, l often combine liposuction of the abdomen and flanks as part of this procedure and once this fat is removed, it cannot be stored for the brazilian buttock lift in the future. A breast lift and/or augmentation will also require you to sleep off your breasts while they are swollen and healing.
Since the recovery process for these two popular procedures compete, I would recommend staging them. If you are surgeon is needing as much donor areas to recruit as much fat as possible, then I would start with the brazilian buttock lift so you can use the abdominal and flank regions as donor areas.  Then proceed with the mommy makeover.

Combining Procedures for a Mommy Makeover

All mommy makeover procedures begin with one important goal - "DO NO HARM!".
The moms that walk into my office all have unique concerns, complaints and issues. The final decision for type and extent of surgery will focus on safety first and quality of outcome second. If there is any question that safety is jeopardized then the plan is altered.
My first consideration is surgical time. For surgery that extends past four hours, the risks of blood clots in the legs and infection rise. In addition, most surgeons will agree that their own skills are not as sharp when surgery drags on.
The second consideration is being sure that the procedures combined will be safe at the time of surgery and will do well together in the post-op period. For instance, performing a buttock lift (lie on your stomach) and a breast lift (lie on your back) at the same time is impossible unless you plan to stand for three weeks.
Weight considerations are important for the surgery as well as the long term success of the procedures. I always want my patients to be at a stable weight. It is less important to be skinny and more important to be stable. It is also important to have lost all the weight from prior pregnancies so the assessment can be accurate.
The cost of the procedure is like an a la cart menu. Different procedures are added to the price. More procedures performed at one sitting does have some cost advantages including decreased anesthesia, nursing and facility fee costs. Performing all procedures at one time also allows for one recovery.
For a full tummy tuck I prefer the High Lateral tension abdomenoplasty. This technique allows the best hourglass shape abdomen and also allows liposuction to be performed on the upper abdomen and the flanks.
The typical time for this procedure is 2 to2 and 1/2 hours.
Typical time for the thigh lift is 2 1/2 hours, breast lift with implant removal is 1 1/2 to 2 hours and the upper arm lift is 1 1/2 hours.
I would consider performing the breasts and tummy together. At a second stage performing the thigh and arm lifts.
I hope this is helpful.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Can I combine different things like a tummy tuck, breast surgery and Brazilian butt lift?

Yes, these can all be performed in one sitting. It really depends on several factors, if the patient is healthy, the amount of things and their extent that needs to be done. Each patient I judge individually after sitting down with my patients and discussing all the options.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Whether the combination surgery is indicated and/or safe should be evaluated on an individualized basis.  Factors such health status, physical examination,  goals,  selection of plastic surgeon,  exact procedures planned, estimated blood loss, duration of surgery,  recovery considerations, anesthesia provider, surgery facility are all important  considerations.

I perform this combination in healthy patients about once a week.  You need to make sure that the surgeon is an expert at all of the procedures and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Mommy Makeover

This is a great question and one I hear often.  This combination of procedures is what I call a Mommy Makeover.  This combination is frequently done in my practice with amazing results.  I keep my surgery time down to 4 hours or less and the only complication I worry about it a blood clot.  We instruct my patients to get up regularly throughout the day and rotate their legs and ankles while resting.  This is a wonderful set of procedures to do at once with only one time to be put to sleep and only one recovery time.  Mommy's are busy people and I try to not only to save on your pocket book but to also get you back to your pre baby body at one time. 

Enjoy your weekend!

Scott Harris, MD

Scott W. Harris, MD, FACS