Am I at more risk for infection or is it more dangerous to get Botox and Rejuvederm when you are already sick?

I have a bad bronchitis/cough and I am supposed to get Botox treatments and Rejuvederm today. Am I at more risk for infection or is it more dangerous to get Botox and Rejuvederm when you are already sick?

Botox and fillers when sick

Although there are no scientific studies evaluating Botox and Juvederm treatments during an upper respiratory infection, it is best to avoid any elective procedures until you feel better. Beyond infecting others in the office, you wouldn't want a needle approaching your face if you are coughing! Feel better!

Beverly Hills Physician

Botox and Juvederm when sick

Thank you for your question hastijenz. I am sorry to hear that you are sick. Botox and Juvederm are cosmetic treatments used to enhance the face. There have been no studies on these treatments on people who are ill so we do not know the answer to your question. In these cases I err on the side of caution and recommend to my patients to wait until they feel completely healthy before undergoing a cosmetic treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox and bronchitis

I would recommend you wait until your bronchitis has resolved before you receive any Botox or filler injections.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Bronchitis and Fillers / Botox

I suggest waiting on any fillers or botox if you are sick.  Once improved the cosmetic treatments will have no risk of complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox Injections

It is a much better idea to put off having Botox and Juvederm until you are well.  It is always better to defer elective cosmetic procedures until you are better.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Injection of Botox and fillers when sick

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Although it would probably be fine to be treated with Botox and fillers when you are sick, it is not worth taking a chance. In addition, you are also putting other people in the office at risk of catching your infection. It seems like putting off the procedure until you feel better is most prudent.
Good luck,

Botox and fillers if you have bronchitis

Although it would be OK to get these while you have bronchitis, it is best to reschedule the procedures until you recover from any infection in the body.

Dr H Karamanoukian

Botox OK

Botox would be OK medically
Best to avoid the fillers when you are sick to avoid a chance of filler infection.

Elective cosmetic treatment is not a good idea while your are sick

I'm not sure what "rejuvederm" is. Do you mean Juvederm? No real doctor would administer Botox or fillers to a person who is "sick" and may have bronchitis. No, it is not fine to be treated with Botox and fillers while you are sick. It makes no sense to even consider it. Why would you not want to wait until you are well before having ELECTIVE, COSMETIC injections performed?

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon