How Do I Get Rid of a Bump on my Nose Without Having Botox or Surgery?

i am 16 and have a bump on my nose from whne i broke it about 9 years ago, i hate. I dont want to have botox or surgery. So how can i get rid of it without having botox or surgery?

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs Are An Excellent Alternative To Surgery For Bumps and Humps

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs Work Well for Nasal Bumps and Humps
I have been performing nonsurgical nose jobs for more than seven years and have treated many noses that resemble yours from the photographs you have provided. However, photos are no substitute for examining the nose.

Generally, speaking, I might approach a bumped nose by adding to the bridge area, but not too much so as to make the bridge appear too high--just enough to straighten.  Likewise, I would consider reshaping the tip of the nose to give it a bit of a lift (hence straightening it and bringing it more into line with a slightly higher bridge). And lastly, I might consider giving it a bit of a lift to the tip by adding some volumizing filler below the columella, as well.

As a kind of simple pretest, small amounts of salt solution can be injected in the areas I just specified. The salt solution is reabsorbed in just a few minutes, but remains in place just enough time to give a good idea how the real treatment would work out.

In a sidebar to this column, you can see the before and after of a marked bump on the nose treated by me about eight years ago.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty demystified

Deciding whether you are or are not a candidate for a non-surgical nose job really depends on your goals. The best candidates for a non-surgical nose job are typically the following types of patients: 1) Those who want the bridge of their nose raised or who want a hump hidden to achieve a more feminine profile 2) Patients with a nose that deviates to one side or the other. Filler can help make it look more straight 3) Patients with features in the tip that appear too harsh or pointy and need softening. Fillers can help create a much smoother and balanced appearance. What non-surgical nose jobs can't do are help patients narrow their nose, make it project (stick out) less, or help with breathing. For these issues a surgical rhinoplasty is required.

It is very important to know that a non-surgical rhinoplasty is a VERY advanced and technically challenging procedure to do safely. Too much filler in any given area can cause issues with blood supply to the skin on the nose so it is essential that you have a physician who is comfortable in rhinoplasty perform the procedure. There must be an utmost respect for the anatomy and blood supply of the nose. In experienced hands it can be done safely and beautifully with results that enhance the appearance of the nose and really help patients feel more confident.

Depending on the filler used, the results typically last between 1 and 2 years. The procedure is performed after topical numbing creme is applied and should be performed in a meticulous fashion. This means that the procedure typically takes about 45 minutes.

I hope that helps!

Jeffrey Watson, MD
Harvard Trained/Board Certified
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does a Non-Surgical Nose Job Cost?

Non-surgical nose job or liquid rhinoplasty has become increasing popular among patients looking for an alternative to surgery to enhance the appearance of their nose.  Liquid rhinoplasty refers to the use of fillers for the enhancement of your nose.  I typically do non-surgical nose jobs in two groups of patients, the first is patients that are not ready for surgery or they want a something done that will not require the downtime that surgery often requires.  The second is in patients that have had a rhinoplasty and did not achieve the results they desire. In that situation, the area of concern may be small enough that it is not worth another surgery or patients may not be a full year out from surgery so the liquid rhinoplasty is a good option for them until they are able to have a revision surgery. 

The cost ranges from practice to practice and on the specific filler that you use for your nose augmentation.  The fillers available range from in duration from 6 months to up to two years.

Juvederm Ultra Plus and Restylane and the workhorse products for fillers as they have been around for years and patients tend to love them.  They last about 6 to 9 months in the nose. 

Resylane Defyne lasts up to a year. The Defyne gives patients a lasting-result they will love for their nose.

My favorite filler for a liquid rhinoplasty (non-surgical nose job) is Juvederm Volluma.  This product has the strength to shape the nose and also lasts up to two years.  It is a great option for patients as I can improve the shape of their nose and give them a result that is going to last for years. 

The cost for these various fillers ranges between $550 and $875 per syringe.  Typically, one syringe is sufficient for most patients to augment their nose. 

Please consult your Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your non-surgical nose job (liquid rhinoplasty) enhancement options.  

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty for hump

Nonsurgical rhinoplasties are a great alternative to surgery for humps but not everyone is a candidate.  It really depends on the height of the hump.  Fillers can be used above and below the hump to make it appear flatter.  Of course, adding filler raises the bridge above and below the hump and this may not look good in some patients.  Nonsurgical rhinoplasties are usually performed by VERY experienced plastic surgeons and look for someone that uses a blunt cannula to reduce your risks.

Possibly....

While it's hard to say without seeing your photos, in general, a non-surgical "nose job" can reduce the appearance of a small bump by filling the areas around the bump.  Larger bumps, however, do better with traditional surgery.  Also, if the injury caused structural damage to the nose, or internal issues that affect breathing, then surgery would have the advantage.

Best to speak with a local PS or ENT in your area that does a lot of cosmetic rhinoplasty.

This very much depends on how severe the bump is and the dynamics of the rest of your nose in relation to the bump.  Truly the only permanent solution to this problem is surgery to remove either the bony deformity or a combination of bony and cartilagenous deviation.  At times, however, if a patient has a high bump because of short overprojected nasal bones, but the lower 2/3 of the nose appear straight on profile...a small amount of filler placed near the lower border of the glabella (highest part of nose between the eyes) can erase a bump, and create the illusion of a longer more elegant nose.  Compared to filler placed elsewhere it tends to last a LOT longer in the nose.  But, regardless, I would recommend a consultation with a board certified surgeon as you will have all the options available and an artistic eye to give you the best possible result.  Good luck!

Fillers work great for many bumps on noses when surgery is not desired

While surgery would probably be best for correcting any internal damage inside your nose, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane and Artefill, when injected artistically and skillfully, often make bumps on noses appear to disappear. Seek a consult with an expert in doing filler nose jobs to see if you are a good candidate.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm to treat uneven nose

Many of our patients are happy with a so called non-surgical nose job. A hylan like Juvederm is placed under the skin to smooth out an irregular silhouette.

Nasenbegradigung mit Juvederm: Viele unserer Patienten haben eine Verbesserung ihrer Nasenform mit einer Behandlung ohne OP erreicht. Das Hyalurongel Juvederm wird unter die Haut injiziert um Unregelmäßigkeiten auszugleichen.

Robert Kasten, MD
Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Bump on nose

Sorry, surgery is absolutely the only answer, do anything else and you will lose your money and still have a bump. Even if you try to disguise the bump with a filler the aesthetic result  will not be nice and will be temporary

Treatment for "Bump" on the Nose

A prior injury to the nasal bones could have lead to a fracture of the bones, or additional bone deposition (related to inflammation of the lining of the nasal bone).  As other posters have noted, Botox will not provide any help in your circumstance. The most effective, enduring, and over time most economical improvement is made with surgery (Rhinoplasty).  A "nonsurgical Rhinoplasty" (with Radiesse) will have to be repeated over time and can have less than predictable results.