Any suggestions for umbilical hernia & diastasis recti surgery? (photos)

I need surgery for an umbilical hernia & diastasis recti. I'm in great shape, 5'3, 125 lbs., size 2/4 ... but still look like I'm 3 months pregnant due to the bulge. I have very little fat in my abdominal area and had great abs before kids. What kind of recovery am I looking at?

Full tummy tuck with hernia repair

As all my other colleagues said, a full tummy tuck,  with muscle and hernia repair will be your best option. This can be done in one single procedure without any problems at all. Please contact your PS ASAP because there are some preparations you need to do before your surgery.

Regards,

Dr. Luis Redondo

Tummy tuck

Dear WABS,
  Thank you for submitting your pictures. From your pictures it appears that you have skin and muscles laxity from the chest bone to the pubic bone. You also have an 'outy' belly button that might be from hernia or just skin laxity. The good news is that all your findings can be corrected  with tummy tuck surgery. The procedure will give you the followings: flat abdomen, narrow waist, better body posture, nice belly button, tighter pubic area. Additionally, most likely , you will lose significant amount of weight due to the muscles tightening that will reduce the amount of food that you will be able eat and the sense of hunger. Most of my patients return to light duty activity and are able to drive after 1 week. Return to normal physical activity takes 6 weeks. Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive.
                                 Dr Widder

Diastasis and hernia

A tummy tuck would give you significant improvement and the hernia can be fixed at the same time. Check trhye web reference to see a patient with severe diastasis with repair.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Diastasis and umbilical hernia repair.

Thanks for your question and the photos. Diastasis and umbilical hernia repair are common components of tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. Your height and weight are great, but unfortunately once there is diastasis exercise will not bring the muscles back together. A pinch test by a board certified plastic surgeon will help guide you to which abdominal procedure is best.

Hope this helps .

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

TT and umbilical hernia surgery

Thanks for your queistion; umbilical hernia surgery and Tummy tuck can be done in he same surgery; muscle repair is done with the TT too. I recommend yo to contact a Certified Plastic surgeon to do a personal evaluation.

Regards 

Kemil Issa, MD

Tummy tuck

It would be best to be evaluated by a PS in person.  A full examination can be done to determine what needs to be done.  But repairing the hernia and the rectus diastasis can be done at the same time.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon