Can liposuction be done to get rid of hidradenitis suppurativa? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 1
Thank you for asking about your hidradenitis
- Your dermatologist gave you good advice -
- Hidradenitis is chronic inflammation of deep glands in the skin.
- Liposuction will not help the problem - it removes fat under the skin.
- Removing the infected area surgically in this area can be done with local anesthesia.
- It will leave a well concealed scar and relieve you of this condition.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD