Can liposuction be done to get rid of hidradenitis suppurativa? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 1
Thank you for asking about your hidradenitis
- Your dermatologist gave you good advice -
- Hidradenitis is chronic inflammation of deep glands in the skin.
- Liposuction will not help the problem - it removes fat under the skin.
- Removing the infected area surgically in this area can be done with local anesthesia.
- It will leave a well concealed scar and relieve you of this condition.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.