Follow-Up Question: Will burns like this leave permanent scarring? (Photos)

I posted a question about this at its early stages. Now it has become a serious obviously burn with a hard peeling surface. What can I expect to be under this scab once it's healed and what are the chances I would be permanently scarred? What in the world could have cause this? I had liposuction with a fat transfer from a broad cerified PS.

Once healed, lasers and microneedling/prp for scar treatment

It's hard to tell what this will look like once it's healed, but a combination of lasers and microneedling/prp can help the scar's appearance. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

You will have to explore the technique of liposuction your doctor used.  Laser and Vaser liposuction can create heat and potentially burns.
The SmartLipo machine has a built in temperature sensor at the tip to make sure it does not get too hot and create injury.

Serious burn after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am very sorry this happened.
  • One can't predict the final scar and it will shrink but it will be a signficant scar in your mid abdomen.
  • It may need several scar revisions to improve your final result. 
  • One would have to know the details to have any idea what led to this burn.
  • A hot laser liposuction would not be used for fat harvesting, so that cannot explain it.
  • Do you smoke? Have a history of diabetes? Poor healing?
  • Only a frank discussion with your surgeon and knowing all the details of surgery and your health can lead to understanding what led to this.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Follow-Up Question: Will burns like this leave permanent scarring?

Sorry for your severe complications. Unfortunately a 3rd degree burn does scar. Best to seek many in person second opinions from very experienced boarded Pss in your home town.. Good Luck. 

Around the edges you can see the pink areas. That is your body healing this area.  The wound is going to be lighter in color like this area.  I don't understand what gave you this pattern on one side of the body.  Continue to follow up closely with your surgeon.

This is a third degree burn that will likely require excision and grafting.  It will leave a scar.  Was energy used during liposuction like laser or power assisted method?