Follow-Up Question: Will burns like this leave permanent scarring? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 6
Once healed, lasers and microneedling/prp for scar treatment
It's hard to tell what this will look like once it's healed, but a combination of lasers and microneedling/prp can help the scar's appearance. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer
You will have to explore the technique of liposuction your doctor used. Laser and Vaser liposuction can create heat and potentially burns.
The SmartLipo machine has a built in temperature sensor at the tip to make sure it does not get too hot and create injury.
Serious burn after liposuction
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- I am very sorry this happened.
- One can't predict the final scar and it will shrink but it will be a signficant scar in your mid abdomen.
- It may need several scar revisions to improve your final result.
- One would have to know the details to have any idea what led to this burn.
- A hot laser liposuction would not be used for fat harvesting, so that cannot explain it.
- Do you smoke? Have a history of diabetes? Poor healing?
- Only a frank discussion with your surgeon and knowing all the details of surgery and your health can lead to understanding what led to this.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
Follow-Up Question: Will burns like this leave permanent scarring?
Sorry for your severe complications. Unfortunately a 3rd degree burn does scar. Best to seek many in person second opinions from very experienced boarded Pss in your home town.. Good Luck.
Around the edges you can see the pink areas. That is your body healing this area. The wound is going to be lighter in color like this area. I don't understand what gave you this pattern on one side of the body. Continue to follow up closely with your surgeon.
This is a third degree burn that will likely require excision and grafting. It will leave a scar. Was energy used during liposuction like laser or power assisted method?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.