I am 20 years old and I have saggy breasts (34DD). Breast lift? (Photo)

I have never been happy with my breasts. They have never sat upright. Even when I wear a bra, I always feel the need to reposition them so they don't look saggy. I would like to find a permanent solution to have my breasts look more full and not sag. I also have some questions: How much does the surgery generally run? I live in Virginia. Whatever procedure you recommend, does it leave a big scar? Will a breast lift minimize my stretch marks?

Candidate for a BA

Any women desiring breast augmentation surgery in Newport Beach is a candidate as long as there are no health problems present which would preclude her from having surgery. If the desired goal is to enhance or restore size and shape or to improve asymmetry, breast augmentation is a viable option. Breast augmentation can improve a body image, self-esteem, self-concept, and quality of life.
Ideal Candidates for Breast Augmentation in Newport Beach
  • Women who desire larger, shapelier breasts.
  • Women with a moderate degree of breast sagging and smaller breasts, whose problem can be solved by enlargement.
  • Women who have one breast that is noticeably smaller than the other (asymmetry).
  • Women who have an uneven chest wall or rib cage.
  • Women requiring breast reconstruction following a mastectomy.

Ideal candidate for a breast lift

Thanks for your breast lift question. From your pictures, you appear to be an ideal candidate for a breast lift. Your current volume allows for a lift alone, and I wouldn’t recommend combining a lift with implants. Many women want to achieve their breast appearance goals, and that often means a lift and implant combination. I think if you opted for implants, the added volume would only make the sagging worse over time. A breast lift is an effective way to trim away some skin while providing an optimal nipple position and breast placement.

Glenn M. Davis, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

A breast lift will address your sagging issues, but it will leave scars. That's the trade off. Costs vary from state to state and surgeon to surgeon. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) and call the office for a quote. Also, ask about financing options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

20 YEARS OLD WITH SAGGY BREASTS

You are an excellent candidate for a breast reduction/lift with implants.  From the pictures, I can tell that your
nipple and areola are well below the fold, which in my opinion, makes the decision for a breast reduction/lift with implants needed for the best result. To explain what I mean, hold a pencil in the fold of your breast and measure where the nipple and areola are.  If they fall below the pencil, then for bests results, I would recommend a breast
reduction/lift with implants.  The implants will give you the volume you need in the upper poll of the breasts.

Charles A. Wallace, MD

Breast lift

You surely are a good candidate for a breast uplift, most likely together with implants to get more fullness in the upper part of your breasts.
There is a risky statement in your question though, when you say about finding a 'permanent solution'. The result of a breast uplift would be far from permanent, especially at your age and if you have children. Your breasts will still age after the procedure, and sag again in a period of time that will vary depending on your genetics and on your lifestyle.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Concern over sagging breasts

Thank you for your question and photos.  The answer will really depend on your goals.  If you would like your breasts to be smaller, more shapelier, and have your nipple higher up on your breast/chest, then a small reduction/lift would be a good answer.  If you really desire a lot of fullness in the upper pole of your breast, you may consider a breast implant to give you fullness and lift/reduction to remove excess, saggy breast tissue in the lower breast.  Best to check with a few board certified plastic surgeons for their opinions.  Cost will vary based on the procedure you choose and your location, but likely somewhere between $7,000-10,000. Good luck. 

Breast Lift 101

Breast lift surgery raises and firms the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. Age, significant weight fluctuation, and having children considerably affect skin laxity and breast structure causing your breasts to sag. No amount of diet or exercise – nor creams or pills – can tone and shape your breasts. Instead of being round and perky, your breasts may become broad and flat, but supporting the breasts in a bra may only accentuate the skin wrinkles in the cleavage area. For these problems, a breast lift in Colombia is the optimal treatment. Depending on your skin laxity, volume of breast tissue, and desired outcome, a custom procedure will be crafted to lift and firm your breasts. All breast lifts require external incisions – while some scars will remain, breast lift patients find that the improved breast shape is well worth the tradeoff. A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is youthful and uplifted.

You'd do great with a breast reduction/lift

Clearly, your breasts are too big for your frame.  A reduction/lift will improve your shape and balance you.  However, it won't give you any more "umph" in the upper portion of your breast -- that takes an implant.  Surgery like this may range from $5000 to $8000 depending on the surgeon and the region.  It certainly does involve a scar, but the improvement is shape would be worth it!  See a few ASAPS member surgeons in your area and go for it!  Good luck.

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift ?

The lack of tissue in the upper part of your breasts needs to be filled with a small breast implant if you desire the shape of breast with a fuller form. A Mastopexy, breast lift, by itself will give you a good result also but with more of a curve to your breast shape. A breast lift always makes you breast look smaller and rounder though your breast volume stays the shape. The short scar, lollipop technique would be best for you.

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

I would suggest a breast reduction to lift and take some of the heavy tissue away. If you want more fullness, you will need an augmentation with an implant or fat. However, a larger breast is a heavier breast. There is really no permanent solution due to aging, pregnancy, and hormonal changes. However, smaller breasts may sag less over time. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon