Possible to Reduce the Bumpiness of the Forehead?

 It is possible to reduce the bumpiness of the forehead with surgery? To smooth the bone out? thanks. best regards

Doctor Answers 5

Reducing bumpiness of the forehead

Bumpiness in the forehead is probably best treated with a bone bur. This is performed to buff down the outer cable of the bone through a coronal approach and smooth the bone down.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 143 reviews

Reducing forehead bumpiness.

It depends on which bumpiness you are talking about. If you are speaking of the bone around your eyebrows, that can be shaved. However, if you are talking about the relative bumpiness at the top of the forehead, that is not shaved. You can lessen it with fillers in the mid forehead.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

Fixing a bumpy forehead

Having an uneven or bumpy forehead can be distressing. Reducing the bumps can require very invasive surgery. It is relatively easier to raise the depressed areas with filler material - this can often lead to very nice results quickly. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

Forehead contouring

There are many different condiitons that are associated with this appearance some of which are called craniosynostosis. The correction is relatively complex and not as easy as it may seem ("just burr it down a little') due to the relative thickness of the bone and presence of the underlying sinus.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 81 reviews

Frontal "bossing"

The short answer is no. To get this reduced and contoured, the soft tissues must be lifted using a traditional brow lift incision, and the bone must be filed down. Non-surgical options include a change of hair style.

Scott E. Kasden, MD, FACS
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 101 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.