5 weeks post op, I have redness and pain on my interior thighs after Liposuction. Is this normal? (photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
Skin changes may be the result of ultrasonic or laser assisted liposuction.
Redness and pain 5 weeks after liposuction
- This is unusual and suggests either skin damage from the liposuction technique causing a burn of the under-surface of the skin
- Or a chronic infection.
- It isn't possible to diagnose on-line,
- A thorough history and physical examination is needed,
- The area looks red in the photo
- But brown discoloration suggests post-traumatic hyperpigmentation.
- If the redness and pain are worsening, I am more concerned than if it is slowly improving.
- If your surgeon is baffled, ask for a referral, for instance an infectious disease specialist or dermatologist.
Redness and Pain Post Liposuction
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.