Is this typical at 6 weeks after Auxiliary Liposuction? Will the skin contour to my body again? (photos)

Had Axillary done to lessen that area women hate. No matter how much body fat in lost seemed I'd have some of that. Is this a typical result? After I read it needs to be sculpted correctly to get a good result. Crossing my fingers. Don't like this line fat looking rolls going on. Like u can tell it was ran back to front. I wrap with wide Ace bandages. 6 weeks out now. Will the skin contour to my body again? Arm pit area?

Liposuction will not reduce excess skin if the axillary areas treated.

I can't really say for certain but it looks as though there is a problem with surplus skin. If this is the case the only solution would be to do and excision. However you're still fairly early on from the procedure so I would be patient.

Axillary liposuction

Patients will often seek improvement in the axillary area.  Liposuction can improve the fullness in those spots but if there is significant excess skin patients will actually benefit from exicision of the tissue.  Excision is usually done with an incision up in the armpit.  I pull the tissue back towards the armpit in order to redrape the tissue.   Liposuction just doesn't allow for that.  The posted pictures are hard to review.  6 weeks isn't enough time for liposuction to fully recover however and I image that the final results won't be evident until you are 3-6 months out. 

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of axilla

The liposuction of the axilla seems to have left your skin loose - as it often will.
Discuss your concerns with your surgeon, let six months pass before doing anything and then
you will probably need to consider surgery to remove the excess skin. 

Axullary liposuction

It is impossible to undestand the whole story from the photos you posted.  Generally speaking skin rectaction after liposuction can take 6 months to be complete.  So at 6 weeks your result is in the early healing phases.  Discuss your result with your surgeon at your 6 month visit - this will be the time to weigh the pros and cons of direct skin excision to complement the liposuction.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Liposuction of axilla

It is difficult to see everything from the limited photo that you posted. Lax skin can not be improve by liposuction.