Can filler or Botox make my smile symmetrical? (Photo)

I normally try not to look straight at the camera when my picture is taken bc of my crooked smile. Here's one that is close. What can I do to make it symmetric? Botox? Filler? Where?

Botox or Filler to Improve Crooked Smile?

Botox and fillers can be used to improve an asymmetric smile. However, maneuvers used to correct your face when smiling, may look abnormal when your face is in repose. A photo of your lips from a straight-on angle would aid in giving you more personalized advice, but your best bet is to consult in person with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist skilled in both Botox and fillers.

Sacramento Physician

Can filler or Botox make my smile symmetrical?

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. It is possible to design a treatment plan to your exact specifications. A more experienced practice/expert injector will be able to determine if your goals are realistic and how to achieve those goals. A consultation is the best way to determine the right roadmap for you. 

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

-Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Asymmetric Smile

The answer is yes. Sometimes Botox can correct an asymmetrical smile.  Fillers like restylane silk can also be used to even out asymmetric lip volume.  It is best to see and experienced injector  to find out your best course of action.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Crooked smile

A crooked smile can often be successfully treated with Botox. Filler can also be used to help. I'd recommend seeing a very experienced injector since these muscles are not commonly treated with Botox and the injector will need to have a very thorough understanding of the anatomy.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Specialist
Quintessa

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical smile

You have a very nice face and lips. To make your smile more symmetrical I would use a combination of Botox and filler--probably Perlane or Silk

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Treat an asymmetric smile with botox or filler?

Facial asymmetries are relatively common and often a function of exaggerated facial muscle expression.  Sometimes they are due to slight neurological dysfunction from birth or other injury (Bell's Palsy, stroke etc)
If they are only expression they are usually difficult to change with neurotoxins but may change somewhat with a filler.  If they are due to a neurological deficit, then you can often balance and adjust them with a neurotoxin such as botox by treating the opposite side.  Complicated, so seek an expert.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Asymmetry

Your asymmetry is only apparent when you smile, so correction must be done with great care because your lips are quite attractive when in repose. I recommend correction with a filler like Juvederm Ultra plus by an experienced injector very conservatively because over correction will cause another asymmetry. If you like the result, then you can consider fat transfer for a longer lasting result. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with lots of experience treating lips. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

We notice our own asymmetries more than others do!

My lips are asymmetric too! It bothers me, but no one else sees it unless I point it out!
Funny how hard we are on ourselves.
So, I get fillers to my lips and it makes me feel 100% better about my smile. So, the answer is a resounding YES. Fillers can be placed along the vermillion border to improve symmetry and you also need a little volume in your upper lip. Please consult an experienced injector who will not over-fill you.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improvement - yes

You are showing less lip on your right side.  Injecting a filler such will most certainly improve, if not correct if done by an experienced injector.

Asymmetrical smile treated with Botox and fillers

Botox and fillers used in combination can be very helpful in addressing facial asymmetry. The treatment would be beneficial to you. I recommend that you get an in person consultation with an experienced injector.