Do you lose nipple sensation with breast fat transfer?

Will I lose nipple sensation if I get breast fat transfer

Loss of nipple sensation would be extremely unusual following fat transfer to the breasts.

Loss of Nipple Sensation after Fat Transfer

Thanks for your question.  Once all of the swelling has calmed down, you should be fine.  It is not typical to have loss of nipple sensation after this procedure.  I have never seen it in my practice.  Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed this procedure many times.  Best of luck.

Anna I. Wooten, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer breast

It would be very uncommon to have a loss of sensation following fat transfer. I have actually never has a patient complain of loss of nipple sensation once all the swelling has settled down.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Nipple Sensation Breast Fat Transfer

This question is easily overlooked since injection of fat into the breasts is preferably performed with mostly blunt cannulas.  Since no more than small incisions are made in the skin it is unlikely that nerves may be damaged when the procedure is properly performed. 

Anything is possible in surgery and can happen; loss of sensation if it were to occur would likely be temporary.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Fat transfer is the placement of millions of seeds of fat throughout the breast and do not interfer with the nerve supply so any loss of sensation, if it ever were to occur, would likely be temporary. Please look at the links below on fat transfer. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr Kayser Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon