Do you lose nipple sensation with breast fat transfer?

Will I lose nipple sensation if I get breast fat transfer

Nipple Sensation Breast Fat Transfer

This question is easily overlooked since injection of fat into the breasts is preferably performed with mostly blunt cannulas.  Since no more than small incisions are made in the skin it is unlikely that nerves may be damaged when the procedure is properly performed. 

Anything is possible in surgery and can happen; loss of sensation if it were to occur would likely be temporary.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Fat transfer is the placement of millions of seeds of fat throughout the breast and do not interfer with the nerve supply so any loss of sensation, if it ever were to occur, would likely be temporary. Please look at the links below on fat transfer. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr Kayser Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon