Is It Possible to Reduce a Protruding Upper Lip Tubercle?

I am a 27 yr old woman. The "tubercle" on my upper lip is quite droopy looking and it's always annoyed me. It looks like a the way a baby's lips look. I was wondering if a bit of flesh could be removed and then a few stitches done to flatten that part of my lips? Is this a common procedure? What kind of doctor should do it? I also feel I could benefit from injections on my upper lip to make it more equal to my bottom lips (in size). Thank you for your feedback!

Doctor Answers 2


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

your lips are attractive however there is some imbalance between the two. you do have the tubercle. options include the excision or fillers. a board certified plastic surgeon should be able to help you.

New York Plastic Surgeon

Lip reduction or filling the sides can be done

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You can do this. But I think it looks good on you based on the pictures. A "Facial Plastic Surgeon" can do this for you. It would be simple to do but harder to plan. You can also add volume to the sides of the tubercle to improve the appearance of it. But I think you have very nice lips!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.