Is There a Procedure to Change the Profile of my Face?

I don't like the side-view of my face. I have a flat forehead, short nose, and a protruding chin. I've always wished I had a more feminine look- with a slightly rounded forehead, longer nose, and a not-so-pointed chin. Is this possible?

Doctor Answers 2

Procedure to change profile of the face

Certainly a protruding chin can be brought back with removal and osteotomies of the chin area to decrease the projection. There are no good methods of augmenting the forehead. The nose can be addressed through multiple different rhinoplasty techniques depending upon the needs, wishes, and desires of the patient.  

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 143 reviews

Procedure to Change Facial Profile



Your best bet is to consult in person with a few plastic surgeons or facial plastic surgeons who can evaluate you and determine the best course to help you achieve your facial goals.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.