Went for botox injection five days ago but I see no difference?

I am 50 years old went for botox injection five days ago but I see no deterrence on my skin

Botox Injections

Thanks for your question. Botox takes anywhere from 7-10 days to take full effect, so it’s not concerning that you haven’t started to see results yet. Give it a full two weeks, and if you still don’t notice a difference, schedule a follow up visit with your injecting physician. Best of luck!

Botox treatment

The full effect of Botox will be around 10-14 days after treatment.  If you still have not seen improvement at that time schedule an appointment with your injector for an evaluation.  You may want to photograph the treated area every few days to see if there are improvements occurring.

Camille Cash, MD

Botox done 5 days ago

Hello and thank you for your questions, and I hope you get the results you desire. Botox will typically begin to "kick in" after 4-7 days, but some may see results earlier or a bit later. The full effect is usually seen after 7-10 days so two weeks after your injections is a great time for a follow-up with your injector if you are not getting the results you desire. Additional injections may be given at 2 weeks if more correction is desired/needed. Botox typically lasts 3-4 months, and after that it begins to slowly wear off. It is best to follow up with your injector and discuss your concerns.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX

Hi 

We always say botox takes 4-14 days to fully kick-in. Make sure you have a follow-up with your injector at that time to make sure your treatment was effective.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Time for Botox to Work

Hi there ~ thanks for the question.  Although typically it takes
between three and five days for Botox to start working, every now & then
I’ve seen it take longer.   I tell my patients if at two weeks they
are not satisfied to please come back for a recheck.  You should call your
provider and schedule a follow up appointment; he or she can examine you and
make a plan.  Good luck!

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Time before seeing results of Botox

Although most patients see muscle weakening of the treated area in a few days, it can take up to 2 weeks for the full effect to be evident.  If after 2 weeks you are still not satisfied with the results, I would recommend returning to your practitioner for evaluation.

Ramon Peleaux, DDS, MD
Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

How long does it take Botox to kick in?

Hello, and thank you for your question! Do not worry yet. It typically takes Botox between 7-10 days to kick in. Wait a full 2 weeks, and then if you are still not fully satisfied with the results, follow up with your provider for a touchup.

Botox result

Hello, and thanks for your question. I suggest waiting for now, as it can take 2 weeks to see the full result of your injection. If after two weeks you still are not pleased, I'd follow up with your physician. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

I always warn my patients that it could 2 weeks for maximum effect of botox to be seen.  T I see them in follow up after 2 weeks to see if a touch-up treatment of Botox is needed.  If after 2 weeks you don't see the results you want, go see your doctor.

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox-no results?

Since it has only been five days since your treatment, I would recommend waiting another week and then contacting your physician if you do not feel the treatment results are as expected. If this was your first treatment, your physician may have been treating you conservatively on the requested treatment areas.  I typically invite my patients to return for a recheck in two weeks, especially if it is their first visit, so that we can assess their progress and determine if any further treatment may be appropriate.  I would recommend you contact your physician for a recheck at two weeks as it is likely he will also want to determine if your treatment was appropriate or if you require additional units of Botox.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician