I am 35yrs old & have PCOS. I am 5'5" @ 150lbs. How can I get rid of my belly fat?

I follow a sctrict low carb, low sugar diet & do atleast 5hrs of cardio & weights a week. It doesn't matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the typical pcos belly if you will. IT does not represent how much effort I put in to my well being. I have been a strong athlete my whole life, but always the belly remains. I know cool sculpting is the new thing, is that an option? Would liposuction help? Just looking for an answer that would finally allow me to be comfortable in my skin.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Consultation

My recommendation would be that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so that he/she can do a comprehensive evaluation of your health history and goals and help you find a customized plan for treatment to transformation. CoolSculpting has indeed become extremely popular and may very well offer you the results that you are looking for but the best course of action would be to go in and get a complimentary consultation. Best of luck!

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Coolsculpting and candidate

Coolsculpting is a great technique for removing fat, especially abdominal fat in a safe, non-invasive, painless fashion.  It sounds like you are in good health and in good shape and would be a great candidate for this procedure.  Please consult an expert in your area.

Liposuction versus Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon that has incorporated Coolsculpting into their practice as they would be in the best position to discuss the two options and discuss the pros/cons of each one.
In general, liposuction done by the right person can provide a stronger result than Coolsculpting, but there is more downtime associated with the procedure.  Coolsculpting can be done in an office setting and you can even drive yourself there and back.
The best procedure for you can be discussed after a physical exam and understanding what your goals. 

Treating abdominal fat

Coolsculpting is a great non-invasive way to treat unwanted fat of the belly, love handles, thighs, and back.  If you don't mind surgery, liposuction is also a great way to treat these areas.  An in-person consultation would be required to give you the best answer.

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

How can I get rid of my belly fat?

Thank you for your question. CoolScuplting could possibly be the appropriate procedure for you , as it is excellent for reducing belly fat. Consider a consultation to be assessed for CoolSculpting.

Sincerely yours,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Liposuction, CoolSculpting, Belly fat, and PCOS

As more patients are being diagnosed with PCOS, many of us are beginning to appreciate the weight loss frustrations that can occur with the disease.   Congratulation on taking good care of yourself, eating well, and cardio.   Both CoolSculpt and Liposuction can help.  With a BMI of 25, you are likely a good candidate for either procedure.   Recommending finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who performs both CS and liposuction to evaluate and treat you.  

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

How To Get Rid Of Belly Fat

Both CoolSculpting and Liposuction can be effective ways to reduce belly fat in the appropriate individuals. You would need an in-person consult and evaluation to see if you are a suitable candidate for these procedures. To learn about the differences between CoolSculpting and Liposuction you can read my blog post by clicking the link below.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

How to get rid of belly fat?

Reduction of fat in the abdominal area is a very common desire for many people.  Both liposuction and CoolSculpting can be successful treatments in the correct patients.  An exam would be needed to determine if one treatment might be better than the other.  CoolSculpting has the advantage of being non-invasive with no down time.  With a single treatment, it does have a limit to how much fat reduction will occur though.  Subsequent treatments can be done to obtain further fat reduction.  Potentially, more fat could be removed with a single liposuction procedure, but there are small scars involved as well as a recovery period.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon