Any suggestions for female abdomen - small vs large paddle? (photos)

Hi, I am a 5'6" female about 125 lbs. I went to 2 cool sculpting providers who advised two different procedures to attack my abdomen fat. One recommende 4 smaller paddles (basically circling the belly button) and the other recommended one large paddle to attack my lower abdomen (mainly). What should I consider before choosing between the two? Or should I go to a third provider?

Coolsculpting Abdomen/ Large size versus Small

I would have to  assess you in person to give you the correct answer.  It depends on a few variables such as how the fat can be pinched, how wide your hips are and how much fat can be grabbed, etc.
I would suggest finding a provider in your area that specializes in Coolsculpting and has been providing treatments since it has been FDA approved. By just looking at the pictures I would have to lean toward a treatment with 1 large as your upper abdomen appears much flatter than the lower portion.

Lake Forest Dermatologist

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

CoolSculpting treatment patterns

You appear to have a subtle, natural indention in the midline of your lower abdomen.  For that reason, I would use a pattern of applicators around your belly button.  If you use one large applicator on just your lower abdomen, you may end up unhappy with the resulting asymmetry.  Treatment is not usually complete with just one applicator in just one area.

Carmen Kavali, MD

CoolSculpting the abdomen

Thank you for your question. You will require and in person assessment to be able to provide an accurate answer. The area being treated need to be pinched and assessed.

Sincerely yours,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting treatment

I would tailor your treatment based on your concerns.
I do like treating around the belly button as this can help address the fullness below and above your belly button.
I often recommend a more aggressive treatment where you can do two large applicators (left lower abdomen and right lower abdomen) followed by two small applicators around the mid/upper abdomen.  The treatment recommendations would ultimately be based on a physical exam to ensure that you can get great results.

With so many treatment providers out there, I would recommend you go to a plastic surgeon who has had the device for years (there is definitely a learning curve with the device), and who can offer different options for you to consider (e.g. liposuction/tummy tuck).

CoolSculpting causes permanent fat loss

I would need to examine you.  If there is any question about being able to have enough fat to pinch for the large applicator then I would use the smaller applicators to have a better opportunity for the applicator to treat the abdomen.

Coolsculpting for the Abdomen

Coolsculpting is a fabulous technique for reducing the fat in a given area of the body.  I would suggest you consult a board certified dermatologist who is experienced with coolsculting and has all of the applicators to make the best assessment. 

Hi Definition Liposuction Procedure for Smaller/Athletic Female Wanting Definition

You would do very well with a hi definition procedure to "sculpt" and define your already beautiful stomach.  Otherwise, Ultrashape and Velashape are the only options noninvasive that can give you some definition.  I suggest only seeing a well trained expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting Treatment Plan

An accurate assessment of which applicators to use can only be made during an in-person evaluation at which time the amount and distribution of fat is directly examined. More than focusing on which applicators to use, I would make sure you look at before and after photos of actual patients treated by your provider to see what kind of results they have been getting. Based on your pictures alone, I would treat both your upper and lower abdomen for optimal results. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon