Botulax - I am in the uk and have just found out that botulax was used on myself without my knowledge.

I was under the impression that botox was used. Can anyone tell me if botulax is listened for use in the uk ?

Botulax versus Botox

Botulax is manufactured in Korea by company Hugel. Hugel claims to have the Korean version of an FDA approval. It is not yet used int the United States. You may be able to search the website of the UK equivalent of the United States FDA. I believe the equivalent authority is the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). 

Sacramento Physician

Botulax

Botulax is botulinum toxin A manufacture in Korea. I don't know if it is approved in UK but it is not in US. it is the same as Botox

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botulax question

I don't know the answer to your question but most likely you can get this answer from gov.uk-
Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency- I believe this is the equivalent of our FDA in the United States.
It is always best to ask "what brand will be used". We all do tend to use the word "botox" like slang to cover more than one brand...however I carry all three brands available in the US and always confirm with my patients what their preference is.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician