How much is a Nefertiti lift? Where exactly is the Botox administered?

I researched alot about nefertiti lift and where its administered in the DAO the mentalis and and neck bands and the cost should be around $250-$400. I went to a certified dermatologist and she wants to put 15 units on each side of my masseter muscles. she does $11 per unit and it somehow came out to around $800! definitely not what I was expecting to pay. does this amount sound right? how many units does Nefertiti require? I'm only 25 thank you

Botox Nefertiti Lift

Thank you for your question brooklove90. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Various areas in the lower face can be treated with Botox. Treating the masseter will slim down the muscle and provide a heart shaped face rather than a square shape. Treating the DAO will elevate the corners of the mouth by about one millimeter. The bands in the neck can be treated with Botox to relax the platysma muscle and smoothen out the bands. The Nefertiti lift is a technique whereby small amounts of Botox are placed along the jawline to relax the upper platysma, which pulls down on the jawline area. This will improve the jawline definition. Often times other areas are treated in conjunction with the Nefertiti lift, including the DAO, masseter, and neck bands. Depending on exactly which areas were treated, different amounts can be used. Voluma in the cheeks, laser skin tightening on the face, and Kybella in the neck can also help with jawline definition. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox for Neck Lifting / "Nefertiti Lift"

The amount of botox if you are a candidate is roughly 10/20 units per band or 50-100 units on the neck.  The botox is injected along / under the jaw, and in the neck bands.  I suggest you see an expert to see if you are a candidate.  Best, DR. emer.

Botox cost considerations #plasticsurgery

Botox cost is calculated on a per unit price in our clinic. Some clinics charge a regional cost for Botox. Typically, treatment of platysmal, masseter and DAO uses a fair amount of Botox - 40-80 units in some cases.

Nefertiri lift

The cost of Botox is very variable and may be from 10 to 20 dollars a unit.  the lift can be done with only the mandibular line injected and using only 20-30 units. I would try that first and then the neck bands if that is needed

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Cost of Botox

The price of Botox varies depending on the area and what your practicioner feels his services are worth.  I charge per unit and the typical patient in my practice for neck, DAO's and masseter may use 50 or more units. 

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox injections to masseters versus Nefertiti lift

The Nefertiti Lift is a procedure during which Botox is injected into the platysmal muscle along the jawline and also into the DAO muscle. The effect is to reduce downward pulse on the face giving a lifted appearance. Botox injection into the masseter muscles is used to help reduce masseter bulk/size and to contour the lower face and jawline. Botox can also be injected into plastysmal bands reducing their appearance on the neck. These are 3 different indications for Botox, with 3 different results. If you want a Nefertiti lift then the masseter is not what should be injected.