I have round face with double chin. What is best for me - Kybella or Botox for jawline slimming? Very confused! (Photo)

I have round face and recently developed double chin,which is making my face looks so big and fat,though my body is in perfect shape.I can see there is submental fat accumulation which is very visible.Now I am considering to get a procedure done,but I am confused between kybella or Botox .I want to find out what is best for me and how many units or vial do I need?

Kybella

Kybella is going to be the right choice for the pocket of fat under your chin. Price is going to depend on the amount of fat which determines how many vials you will need. It also takes between 2 and 4 treatments however, the results are permanent. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Kybella

Kybella would address the double chin in the submental region. Botox would help with the Masseter muscle in the cheek region to help slim and narrow the face.Typically I recommend about 15 units in each masseter and I would use two vials of Kybella to the submental region. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have round face with double chin. What is best for me - Kybella or Botox for jawline slimming? Very confused

Thank you for your question.  Botox will not help in this area.  Good candidates for kybella have good skin tone and fullness in the sub mental region. You will need 3-5 treatments of kybella for good results. Each treatment usually requires 2 vials of kybella.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best Wishes

Kybell Botox Injections

Kybella is useful for treatment of the double chin.
Patients with enlarged mastoid muscles may benefit from Botox injections to flatten the angles of the jaw.
Please use this information when consulting in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Kybella v. Botox Cosmetic

Thank you for your question about Kybella.

Kybella is effective for reducing submental fullness, aka double chin.  Botox will not help that particular problem.

To be sure what is best for you, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Kybella or Botox

Thanks for your question and photo.  It would be very important to see some additional photos of your face and neck, especially from a profile view.  It is possible that someone would be a candidate for both Kybella to decrease the amount of fat beneath their chin, and Botox to decrease the prominence of the masseter muscle and narrow the jaw.  Botox is not used to reduce a "double chin".  Best advice would be to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area who is trained to inject Kybella to see if you are a good candidate.  Good luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Submental Fullness

Thank you for your question. Kybella and the CoolMini treatment are designed to reduce submental fullness also known as the double chin. That appears to be your main area of concern. I would recommend an in person consultation to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Help for a Round Face

Thank you for your question. Based on your photo, it looks as though you have some submental (under the chin) fullness. You would be an excellent candidate for Kybella - although, an in-person examination is always best. You would likely need 3-4 treatments to see full results, which can be spaced anywhere from 1 month to 6 weeks apart. The treatment is fairly painless, and aside from some swelling at the injection site, has fairly few side effects. Botox is more to relax the muscles under the neck - which helps with banding, and would not be useful in your case. Best of luck!

Double Chin and Best Treatment Kybella or Cool-mini NYC

From your photo it appears that your main area of complaint is the fat under the chin.  I would recommend either Kybella or the Cool-mini.  Both treatments would work well for you.  Botox would not really address the fat under the chin.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella not Botox for double chin

Kybella is an injectable for dissolving fat, approved for the double chin area. Botox is a wrinkle relaxer, mostly used in the upper face.

Richard Baxter, MD