How can I fix lines created by lip injections? (photos)
Doctor Answers 6
Lip Injections and Wrinkles
I would wait two weeks since there may be swelling still and you can't evaluate the area. If it still looks wrinkles you can have a small amount of filler placed there to correct. Best, Dr. Green
Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase
Swelling/Asymmetry After Lip Augmentation
You might also like...
Touching up a lip augmentation injection
It is a rewarding in-office procedure, but you should know how it is different from other filler injections.
1. The lips swell - just poking the lip with a needle will make it swell and bruise.
2. The lips swell unevenly - especially when correcting asymmetry.
3. The initial swelling goes down in the first 3 days and may look like you had nothing done.
4. The swelling goes down unevenly (one side before the other).
5. It takes 2 weeks for the end result to be visible.
I like to start conservatively and touch-up the result after two weeks. It is a better option than overfilling the lips. You can dissolve excess filler, but it can rarely be done precisely. Usually, all of the filler is goes away and you have to start over again. I also take photographs so I can objectively compare the lips before and after treatment. Be sure to review the consent form completely and ask any questions before the injection. Safety comes first.
Lines after lip filler
Lines after Juvederm
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.