Can 1 cc of Juvederm be enough to lift both cheeks? (photos)

I had 1 cc of voluma injected (split) between both cheeks. I was somewhat satisfied initially but two weeks later I feel like I look exactly the same. It was very expensive and I'm thinking maybe If I get one more cc of juvederm (not voluma) split between both cheeks I would actually see some results?

1mL of Voluma Split Between Two Cheeks Enough?

The reason you feel like you "look exactly the same" is because 0.5mL of Voluma is not enough to affect a significant change. A minimum of 1mL is usually injected into EACH cheek. Either weight gain, more Voluma, or fat transfer to the face would be the solution for the amount of volume you need to rejuvenate your face.

Sacramento Physician

Voluma vs. Juvederm

Great question and great photos! You are very thin in the face and 1 syringe of anything is not enough.   I would recommend 3 or 4 more syringes of Voluma, minimum .  Juvederm will give you some improvement however, the duration will be half that of Voluma.   Also consider Sculptra for overall volumization, not just filling for optimal results.  Please be sure to see a reputable office, preferably a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and or a Dermatologist.
Hope this helps.

Grant Stevens, MD

Juvederm vs Voluma

1 cc of Voluma is not enough volume for your cheeks. Based on your photos, I would expect 3-4 cc of voluma for full correction. Juvederm is less expensive, but it will not last as long and will not give the full-look to the face like voluma does.  

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can 1 cc of Juvederm be enough to lift both cheeks?

Hello

We answered your wonderful question in the video above.

Please consult with an accredited, board certified surgeon. It is all about designing the perfect plan for you and your body!

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

How much filler is needed varies from person to person.

There is no set standard with regard to how much filler will be necessary for the cheeks. How much filler is needed will vary greatly depending on your anatomy and the amount of improvement you want to achieve. With that said, it does appear, based on your photos, that 1 cc split between the two cheeks was not enough to provide a satisfactory increase in volume that I believe you were hoping for. The cheeks are a relatively large treatment area and therefore require much more filler than, for example, the lips or the area around the mouth. It’s not uncommon to need anywhere from 1 to 2 ccs, or even more, in each cheek to achieve a satisfactory result. Before spending any more money, consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will be able to set realistic expectations for you and give you a fairly accurate estimate as to how much filler will be needed to get the result you want.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Cheek contouring and volume replacement with Juvederm

Two things- firstly there is contouring, secondly there need to be volume loss replacement. Too much in one are will not look natural. Ideally another 2-3ml minimum is needed, another 1 ml in your cheeks each side , then balance the rest out with Juvederm for cheek contouring. 
In your situation, though you priorities your cheeks as the number one area, I would also look at volume replacement to your temples in the future as this can lift your brows and open your eyes.
Budget for another 3 ml of strategic placement of Juvederm as a starting point. All the best, Dr Davin LimBrisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Juvederm in cheeks

It looks like you have a fair amount of volume loss.  Typically 1cc per cheek is required to restore the lost volume and even more depending on the amount of volume loss.  You would need to be reassessed and see what your practitioner recommends.  I doubt another 0.5cc in each side will make much of a difference.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm for the Cheeks

Unfortunately, 1 cc of Voluma is not very much.  One of the key things with injections is to get patients to understand just how much they need and how little is in each syringe.  I have added a video that demonstrates how much 1 cc is (and you split it between two cheeks)
I hope that helps. 
Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Recommended Amounts Of Voluma And Juvederm

Thank you for your excellent question.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  An in-person consultation allows for a discussion of your goals and expectations, and for your plastic surgeon to formulate a treatment plan to achieve those goals.  A treatment plan should include the recommended amounts of each product for full correction of volume loss.  Due to cost considerations, the treatments can certainly be separated into different office visits.  Excellent and natural results can be achieved with both Juvederm and Voluma in correcting facial volume loss.  The key to achieving those results is understanding that the amount of product required for full correction varies based on the individual.  Based on your photographs, additional product will be required in order to produce your desired result.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector and ask him or her to help you to create a treatment plan that works for your budget.  Best wishes!

Facial Sculpting/ Cheek Augmentation - Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

It is likely that you were pleased with the results from the initial swelling, and once that subsided your face did not present with as much volume. I suggest returning to your injector for additional treatment, one more cc will not produce optimal results. Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, and Perlane are my favorite for cheek volumization. Best, Dr. Emer