7 days after injections and my top lip is duck ish and sticks out over my bottom (photos)

So I went to get juvaderm xc in my lips 7 days ago. I asked for no duck lips and for them to be about even in size but still the traditional smaller on top bigger on bottom. Well I got all the stuff I didn't want The top lip is huge. the side view is awful. Is it just over filled? If I go in and asked to have it fixed, will they charge me Since it's all wrong? I didn't have any bruising except for a pin prick on my left very side of my lip.

Duck lips?

This is not duck lips.  You look nice imo. The lip augmentation looks pretty natural in the photos that you have shared.  I do not recommend fixing anything.  If anything you might need a small amount in the lower lip as well to balance off the top which i think looks great.  The level pf perfection that you are looking for may not be possible.  Enjoy.  Hope this helps.  
Dr Vasisht

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Swelling and bruising can occur after Juvederm placement, as it typically takes 10-14 days to see optimal results. After two weeks if you are unhappy I suggest reversing with hyaluronidase. Best, Dr. Emer

7 days after injections and my top lip is duck ish and sticks out over my bottom

Thank you for sharing your photographs. Due to the thin tissues of the lips significant swelling after injections can be common, and I would recommend using cold compresses, arnica Montana and bromelain supplements, and head elevation while sleeping as useful anti-swelling measures. Allow your results to mature over the next seven days and then assess your results.  If they still do not measure up to your desired appearance you can have the filler material dissolved.  

Lip augmentation

The lip can stay swollen for a week or more after filler. I would give it another week to re-evaluate at that point.

Juvederm and Duck Lips

It can take 3-4 weeks for swelling to go down. In the meanwhile, you can take arnica and bromelain supplements to help with the healing. Your upper lip actually has great volume now. It may be that you're still getting used to your new look so it looks like a bit too much as this time. When you increase volume, the lip plumps out and sticks out more and that's what happened. Hyaluronidase can dissolve the Juvederm, but then you'll be back at your baseline. Your injector may or may not charge to have it "fixed," but you'll most likely be charged for a new syringe if you ask for Juvederm to be put back in.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Final Result After Lip Augmentation With Juvederm

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to see your final result.  Swelling and bruising after filler injection is normal, especially in the lips.  Icing can help for up to 48 hours postprocedure.  Arnica can also help to minimize postprocedure swelling and bruising.  Gentle massage may be beneficial.  My best advice would be to give it a full 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  At that point, if you continue to have any concerns, please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Any unwanted filler can be easily removed with hyaluronidase.  Best wishes!

Lip filler injection and swelling/bruising

I often tell my patients to be prepared for swelling/bruising after lip filler injection. This swelling/bruising can last in worst case scenario up to 14 days. I suspect your upper lip is still somewhat swollen and I would recommend you wait another weekend before judging the result. Did the injector also inject your lower lip?