Will IPL help my chest for wrinkles and sun damage? (photos)
Doctor Answers 7
What to do for chest wrinkles and scars?
IPL for the chest
IPL is one of the staples of improving discolorations in the chest- just make sure you are not tan before the procedure. Improving texture of the decollete area often involves several modalities to provide the maximal benefit:
- Ablative laser resurfacing- Fractionated C02 resurfacing or erbium at a lighter setting can help build up collagen
- Fractora- RF needling can help improve the texture and collagen creation in the skin here
- IPL- can help improve the brown spots and discoloration of the area
- Melanage or Cosmelan- Peels can help improve the appearance of the discoloration
- Sculptra- Dilute Sculptra can help improve the texture of the skin and crepy appearance of the skin.
The Fraxel Restore will resurface your skin improving the tone and texture while also stimulating new collagen production to help with the wrinkling. Many patients see an improvement after one treatment but a series of 3-5 done once a month would provide best results.
It’s also important to use an anti-oxidant and an SPF 50 every morning to help prevent future sun damage.
Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment is best for your concerns.
You might also like...
IPL for an Aging Chest
IPL for the chest
IPL to chest area
"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.