Will diastasis recti repair hurt my ability to do highly intensive ab workouts such as aerial/trapeze and rock climbing? (Photo)

I am scheduled for TT and diastasis recti repair, but am concerned about being able to use my abs in the future. I am 5'4", 110lbs and enjoy doing very ab-intense activities. I'm reading that many women still experience pain when using their abs, months or even years after surgery. Should I skip the diastasis repair and just deal with my loose skin since my ab muscles seem to work okay currently? Perhaps use the Tuppler techniques I keep hearing about to help with the muscle separation?

Holy amazing abs!

It doesn't appear that you have much of a separation right now.  I can't tell for sure without examining you but I would consider not bringing your abs together... they look better than mine!
My best,
Sheila Nazarian

Tummy Tuck

It´s my pleasure to answer your question.

You are a candidate for tummy tuck surgery, where your abdominal wall is going to be reconstructed and extra skin removed.

Can workout after 3 months.

Dr. Aramis Vega

Aramis Vega, MD

Rectus plication

You will need to give yourself adequate time to heal from the muscle repair.  However, this should not impair your ability to exercise in the long term.

John Burns, MD