Plastic Surgery Financing - What Are Some Reputable Lenders?

I need financing to help me pay for the breast augmentation and liposuction (i.e. mommy make over) I plan to undergo this summer, but I am kind of weirded out about getting a loan for this.  I don't want to end up dealing with some sleazy creditor that preys on people like me who just want to look and feel a little better about their bodies.  Can any doctors out there speak to which lenders their patients have worked with?  If you've heard any horror stories or would recommend one lender over another, please share.

Plastic Surgery Financing - Buyer Beware - Look at photos, training of your PS before checking on financing

Plastic Surgeons pay for plastic surgery financing programs. The charge to the plastic surgeon can be10% or more. This include surgeon's fee, OR fee's,anesthisia fees,  pain control devices, garments, etc.  Why would a plastic surgeon be willing to hand over a percentage of the overall cost of surgery? 

I am strongly against plastic surgery financing programs, and I have never offered them in my practice. Most, if not all, plastic surgery financing plans are not only a bad idea but also a bad deal for many patients - in some ways that are easily apparent but in other ways that are not as obvious. The most obvious way in which these plans are unfavorable and therefore undesirable is their terms, which often are interest-free for as long as a year, but that revert to an interest rate comparable to a high interest rate credit card (i.e. an APR of 20% or more) if a patient misses or is late on a single payment.
A recent Nee York Times Article - Google it - discussed the dangers of plastic surgery financing. One very interesting part of the article was when a reported asked the doctors if they would use these programs for themselves or their family members. The physicians asked  answered "no" 

I want to do everything possible to help my patients and to make every part of plastic surgery as easy and comfortable as possible. I understand that plastic surgery is expensive and it can be difficult for many, if not most people to afford the fees. However, I would not want my patients to use a program I wouldn't use myself or recommend to a family member. At some point, a program may be introduced that makes me feel differently, but until my accountant can assure me that a program is safe and easy for my patients, i am willing to lose the business that could come my way by offering plastic surgery financing

A high interest rate is, in fact, almost a necessity for a credit product that finances a service instead of a tangible asset like a home or an automobile. A creditor can repossess a home or a car, but they can’t repossess your tummy tuck. So a high interest rate helps them hedge the risk of having no collateral.
If you are considering one of these financing arrangements in order to schedule a plastic surgery procedure, do your due diligence before signing on the dotted line. Make sure that you are fully informed of the consequences of missing a payment or making a late payment. Make an honest assessment of your ability to meet the terms of the contract. Look into whether or not you can obtain better financing terms with an existing credit card account or with the bank with which you have a personal banking relationship and a credit history. And give great consideration to the way in which the concept of financing is presented to you by a surgery practice – is it an option that you can explore further on your own, or is the practice trying to ‘pull you in’ by making the financial part ‘easy’ for you?

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

At my practice, our pricing of procedures is competitive for all types of interventions whether surgical or non-surgical.We offer Make over packages like mommy makeover’s and post bariatric contouring packages that offer combination procedures at very favourable prices. Please inquire with us if you are interested in such combination procedures. Financing is provided by two leading third party companies; Medicard and Crelogix.

Plastic Surgery Value

Prices vary a lot according to experience and board certification of the plastic surgeon, facilities, quality of the practice, region, etc…
Cosmetic surgery in Colombia represents an increasingly attractive option for consumers looking for the ultimate combination of quality, price, availability, service, enjoyment, and value. Prices for plastic surgery procedures can be very affordable, and often 30-50% less than in the United States and Europe. When done with a board certified surgeon, patients can save thousands of dollars on cosmetic procedures while providing all of the safety and quality that they would receive in top U.S. and European centers.

Financing your surgery

There are many options when it comes to financing your surgery. For instance, there are companies that can facilitate a 24-60 month extended payment plans which can make your monthly payments as low as $79. In case your credit history is brand new, these companies also allow co-signers. As you can see, there are a few alternatives to be considered.

Here are some helpful hints: If you have good credit, Care Credit offers 6 and 12mo. no interest payment plans as well as 24-60mo. extended payment plans at a fixed interest rate of 14.9%. They also accept co-signors.

Medical Financing and also EFINANCE Solutions work with people who have A, B and C credit and can approve you at different qualifying interest rates, they too accept co-signors. I look forward to helping you with any questions that may facilitate your choice in applying with a company.

Financing for plastic surgery

My practice uses Care Credit to help with patient financing. I have not had any issues or complaints with my patients about this lending group. It is always better for both you and your surgeon to avoid using the lending companies if possible. Be careful not to miss any of the scheduled payments or the interest rates can be significantly increased. Also make sure that you have a workable plan to pay off the loan. 

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Ask your surgeon

Each surgeons office will have a list of reputable groups that you can borrow from. It will depend on reputation and reliability and preference. Best of luck. 

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic surgery lenders

I have been an aesthetic plastic surgeon for almost 20 years, and during that time many of my patients have financed their procedures through Care Credit.  I don't recall hearing about bad experienced with financing through this company.  Of course, there are many more cosmetic surgery finance companies in business.  I would suggest contacting a few of them to find out what loans they can make available to you.  Find out how long each company has been in business, and look at reviews by other patients who have used them.  Best of luck!

Paul Fortes, MD

Plastic surgery financing

CARE CREDIT, is the financing option our practice uses the most. I would recommend asking the office staff about what the financial responsibilities are relative to the financing option you choose. Another company is Alphaeon. I agree with one of the answers below that suggest that the financial responsibility may revert to a 20% APR in the event of late payments etc. With certain financing companies such as  CARE CREDIT, the office can choose which plan to participate in and which plans not to offer that may be too risky financially.

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Financing for Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question. Our practice is currently using two different companies to assist with financing if needed, Prosper Healthcare Lending and Care Credit.  Both offer various plans of repayment, some with no interest.  Both seem to be reputable companies and we have never heard a complaint from any of our patients. It is important to always be aware of the terms of your loan and stay within a reasonable amount that you can afford to repay.

Financing surgery

Many patients will finance their surgery. With rates currently so low it is certainly a good option for anyone. There are several different ways you can borrow and or finance the cost. The best deal would be to use a home equity loan because of the low interest rate. You might need a relative to co-sign. If you do not have a house, or enough equity there are other companies which will lend you the money. The most popular is Care Credit. They have several different plans that you can take advantage of depending on your credit. You can also play the credit card game. Many credit cards will offer you interest free charging for 3-6 months. As long as you transfer the remaining balance to the "next" card before your interest starts you can pay out your surgery gradually over time. Just be careful with this because credit cards notoriously have extremely high interest rates. Finally there might be some doctor's office that does their own financing but I don't know of any. Good luck.