Will the Lip Implant move constantly? (photos)

Reading so many mixed reviews, of course after the procedure lol. As of right now I do enjoy my 4mm lip implants for both top and bottom. The pain has been minimal thanks to my Doctor. I am getting nervous when I read more on some people having their implants move constantly. Does that happen to everyone?

Permalip implants - will they move?

Thank you for asking about your Permalip implants.

I am so glad you are doing well with your Permalip implants. When a person can feel the implant moving constantly, it suggests the implant is not properly positioned and is too near the skin. So no, it does not happen to everyone. Follow your surgeon's instructions. Soon after surgery, it means minimal use of your lips - and this includes no kissing!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Does the Lip Implant move constantly?

Thank you for your question. Lip Implants may be a reasonable option for those individuals who are seeking permanent lip enhancement or for those who have not been satisfied with the longevity of effect afforded by hyaluronic acid fillers. The PermaLip (Perma Facial) Implant is FDA approved for permanent lip augmentation. Some implant movement is expected during the initial phase of healing. After a few weeks, with healing, the implant typically stabilizes and most patients do not report continued movement.

James M. Pearson, MD

Lip Implants Movement

Thank you for your question.  A small amount of movement is normal after surgery however this will settle and stabilise.
Permalip Lip Implants which I use do not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look! Please find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.Best Wishes

Movement after lip implants

It is quite normal to have some movement after surgery, this can last for roughly 1-2 months.  You should notice more stability after that.  It is always good to follow up with your treating physician if you have any questions or concerns.  

Post op movement

Some movement is normal right after the surgery and has the implant starts to "settle down" (over few months) then it should not. Basically a small capsule will form around it and will stabilize it. 

Henri P. Gaboriau, MD, FACS