Swelling after Permalip removal - what is the "downtime"?

How long should I expect my lips to be swollen after permalip removal? How much "downtime" should I expect before it is not noticeable?

Recovery after Lip Implant Removal

Following lip implant removal, some degree of swelling is expected. Most people feel comfortable being seen in public by about 3 days. Swelling continues to improve daily so that it is mostly (but not entirely) resolved by 7 days after the procedure. However, final resolution of the swelling takes a little longer. Speak with your surgeon about measures that you may consider taking to facilitate resolution of the swelling.

Permalip Implant Downtime

Thank you for your question.  I would typically advice 7 days to allow any swelling or bruising to diminish.  Please find some information on the Permalip below:Permanent lip implants such as PermaLip™ gives lips a fuller appearance and reduces the fine lines and wrinkles. It will help effectively fight the signs of ageing, improve your smile, and leave your lips looking wonderfully natural. Permalip™ are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your lip volume to the desired size. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural lookPlease find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve. Best Wishes

Permalip implant removal - how much swelling?

Thank you for asking about your Permip implant removal.
  • I am sorry you have to have your implants removed.
  • The swelling depends on how easily the implant is removed.
  • If it comes out easily, you will have visible swelling for about 3 days.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS